• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC+ Sport: Can it be done? (1 Viewer)

waves2xv14

HSC
Would I be committing HSC suicide by training for and competing at state athletics during this stuvac?

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
If you're excellent at time management, continue your sports (this is actually important in my opinion).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
All these things with time management.

I wasn't a sport player but I went overseas in Year 12, did debating and went to public speaking and my results didn't die.

A guy a few years ago from my school who got drafted for an AFL team after HS trained during Year 12 lots and still got 94.35. So it can be done.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
If you don't do the sport then you'll regret it.

There is always time for this stuff, if you don't have time because of the school work then you're doing something wrong.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How intensive do you find training?

Are there a set number of hours you need to adhere to daily?

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Would I be committing HSC suicide by training for and competing at state athletics during this stuvac?
no, learn to balance your time effectively and it is not a problem.

A girl in our grade did sport at an elite level (youth olympics) and still managed an excellent ATAR

it is all about time management

waves2xv14

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys :smile:. I only have to do around 1 to 1.5 hours of training a day and so far I managed to do 5 hours of study both saturday and sunday but is that enough? Any time management tips or tips on how to get rid of distractions?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the advice guys :smile:. I only have to do around 1 to 1.5 hours of training a day and so far I managed to do 5 hours of study both saturday and sunday but is that enough? Any time management tips or tips on how to get rid of distractions?
5 hours per day is more than enough in my opinion if you have a strong routine in place.

Gotei

HSC
yes because I have gone to the gym during the HSC and if anything it has helped me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)