HSC VA section one ideas? (1 Viewer)

jemmmmm

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any predictions of what artists or art movements will be in the first three questions. Cause we'll be able to answer the question more directly if we know a little about the artist in question.

My teacher seems to think there will be a question on impressionism, and on artists that have been displayed prominately in art galleries this year, like monet.

:)

jemmmmm

HSC
Yeah I know its not predictable, but how good would it be if you got a question on someone you had studied. You would actually have an idea of what your talking about hahaha.

Apparently they do often put in artists that had been displayed in aus that year, (according to my crazy art teacher) So i think im going to look up all the past art exhibitions this year.

I have no other way of studying really. Ive already written the essay for section 2.

epicmel

HSC
That's the whole point of section I though, that you still have those skills that you can apply your knowledge of the frames/ practice to the question.
My teacher thinks maybe something on art criticism/ art history if they want to be mean to us.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Oh I really don't think the Board is going to be terribly mean to us. They've been pretty decent this year actually. We've got nothing to worry about for section I :)

The only thing I'm really worried about is if none of the Practice questions for section II are good. I think I may break down and cry if that's the case :(

MzBiiBii

HSC
I have no other way of studying really. Ive already written the essay for section 2.

Does that mean you're memorising? :confused:

Oh I really don't think the Board is going to be terribly mean to us. They've been pretty decent this year actually. We've got nothing to worry about for section I :)

The only thing I'm really worried about is if none of the Practice questions for section II are good. I think I may break down and cry if that's the case :(
lol I think every one of my exams have had a twist.. except prob ext english

The board is mean and stinky :)

epicmel

HSC

most of the ones last week were apparently okay.
heres hoping!

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Hmm, art. Kinda tossing up whether to actually study for this or not. How do you guys study for it? I kinda just...read over stuff.

I've been so lax in terms of studying for art all year. I somehow managed 98% in trials (my teacher...well, let's not start..) with no study. Also, a friend of mine got a 95 UAI two years ago with half an hour of art study before the exam...!

MzBiiBii

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any predictions of what artists or art movements will be in the first three questions. Cause we'll be able to answer the question more directly if we know a little about the artist in question.

My teacher seems to think there will be a question on impressionism, and on artists that have been displayed prominately in art galleries this year, like monet.

I've read over the past papers...practice has come up almost every year..except once or twice.

I think I have a feeling it'll be coming this year too ;)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Hmm, art. Kinda tossing up whether to actually study for this or not. How do you guys study for it? I kinda just...read over stuff.
Yeah I just read over stuff too. And look at artworks (that's how my teacher said to study for art - "just look at pictures!"). I write small artist profiles, name a few artworks and describe their practice, blah blah blah.
Our teacher has been giving us past questions worth 5/8/12 marks for homework all year. We'd get one question each week so by the end of the year those of us who actually did the homework were used to answering the questions and familiar with how much we needed to write.

jemmmmm

HSC
Does that mean you're memorising? :confused:

I wouldn't say im 'memorising' it word by word or anything. I just know what I have to say and have a structure to go with. I know everyone advises you to not 'memorise,' But im pretty good at adapting an essay to fit into the question really well and it I manage to write alot more that way.

and yeah, the BOS are screwing with our minds this year. Ext English was the only normal paper I had....and ive done 7 exams so far :)

MzBiiBii

HSC
I wouldn't say im 'memorising' it word by word or anything. I just know what I have to say and have a structure to go with. I know everyone advises you to not 'memorise,' But im pretty good at adapting an essay to fit into the question really well and it I manage to write alot more that way.

and yeah, the BOS are screwing with our minds this year. Ext English was the only normal paper I had....and ive done 7 exams so far :)
lol I've only sat 6 but yes they were all twisted except ext eng.

I work well with memorising too but i don't think i'll do it this time :(

simply because I don't nkow which artist's will fit the question I choose? If that makes sense.

So I'm just learning points (I've never done that before :shy:)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Hey, just wondering what everyones artist:artwork ratio is for the essay.

I'm hoping to do either 2 artists w/ 2 artworks each or 3 artists- 2 with 2 artworks each and 1 with 1 artwork.

A friend of mine is doing 4 artists with 1 each..

I dunno what to do!!

epicmel

HSC
We get told to do 4 artists - 1 artwork each.
Whatever gets across your point, but minimum three i reckon?

hecheeseman

HSC
i reckon 3 is good more than that you might lose depth in terms of time constraints

7oas7y

HSC
For sure. Minimum 3 artists, minimum 2 artworks each IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)