Huge dissapointment (1 Viewer)

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
Ok, who else believed that the lecture at Darling Harbour was a complete waset of time and money.

All she did was recite the syllabus and if you were on the ball, you'ld already have read it.

What a jip.

ellipsis

HSC
Yeah, I know. She just recited the syllabus and told us to be organised about 50 times.
They so should have spent more time on 'what is valued at the marking centre' which they said they'd do put really only put a list of stuff up for 2 mins.

It was good to meet some others doing extension 2 but. and I missed maths by going :D .

ellipsis

HSC
Originally posted by bookboy18
All she did was recite the syllabus
Originally posted by ellipsis
She just recited the syllabus and told us to be organised about 50 times.

and is appears i just repeated what you said.:shy:
i should pay more attention to myself.
well i suppose it shows how much thinking i've been doing today. :rolleyes:

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
The people in front of me were writing pages and pages and pages of stuff!

I was looking around and wondering: "What the hell are they writing down?? This is all crap!" I wrote about 6 points, and all they basically say is that the journal should be "reflective".

Man! And they didnt even check the tickets. Jip indeed!!

Ac

Mike85

I know, it majorly sucked!!! evreything she said was stuff the majority of people knew- it wasn't value for money. I took about 3 pages of notes, but that was basically a fruitless effort to make myself BELIEVE that the lecture was constructive.
as my teacher says, its good to hear it from the 'horses mouth', but i could have lived without it.
PS- dont u bet that her daughter got 50/50- i wish my mother was a senior marker!

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Welll, on the positive side, got to skip most of a days worth of classes and mess around in the city for a few hours afterward (trying to find the fricken station!)

Ac

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I'm glad it wasn't only us that thought it was a bit of a rip off and waste of time! Our teacher didn't really recommend going to the lectures, but she thought this one might be good... well.. yes.. thought.. I only wrote notes cos everyone around me seemed to be scribling stuff down - how can people write that fast and sitting at the back - how the hell could you see?! I was wearing glasses and I was trying to read the overheads rather unsucessfully.

We asked so many questions at the end, cos we were paying for something useful (so, sorry to those who might've been waiting).

The next day our teacher said she was considering writing a letter of complaint to them.. then I think she decided against it incase it was read by someone who would be marking our work :p I could go on about this forever!!

Anyway it was a good opportunity to check out how bad other people's uniforms were compared to ours!

Were the area of study talks any good??

Last edited:

nicole

Totally agree about the extention 2 thing being a major waste of time. We were hoping that it would be really helpful and give us an insight into the whole marking process etc but having her go on about the syllabus requirements was no help at all. All of my class was disappointed. On the positive side though, the Area of study seminars were actually quite helpful which I wasn't expecting; but at the same time i wouldn't bother going into the city that early in the morning and paying $45 for that sort of day again.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
The only money i paid was 10 buks for Maccas :)

Ac (we didnt even wear uniforms ... )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)