• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Human Rights Issues Involving Aust. (1 Viewer)

Miffy

Hey I'm currently doing an assignment on human rights and i need a human rights issue that involves australia, however it can't really be on assylum seekers or anything like that because my teacher reckons it's too obvious. Also, where is the best place to get information from. Does anyone know any good books?

Thanks in advance :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
does it have to be modern? If not you can probably do Aboriginals before 2000? Year 9 and 10 history textbooks and year 11 notes would suffice i think

da_lozmeister

you can always do the most obvious one (well to me at least). we did human rights in term 4 last year and studied child sex tourism in Asia. Macmillan textbook and i think Heinemann textbook have some good stuff.

there have been sooooo many cases in the sydney morning herald as well. its a good issue to discuss as it actually bring international law into it. Refer to the "John Arthur Lee case (1997)".

Heaps of NGO's have been included within this issue.

Unless you are having a heap of trouble (which i doubt u would) i'm not going to give you any more info. Jst try readin the sydney papers a little more cos there is bound to be an article on it at least once a week.

hope that helps

santaslayer

HSC
You want less obvious issues?

OK, try these ones:

1) Ban on homosexual marriage

2) Homelessness

3) Right to education in Australia at tertiary level.

4) Disabled

5) Unemployment

6) Covert company policies whivh aim to discriminate a minority.

:)

Miffy

Thanx for all your help everyone! It's got me off to a decent start :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)