hurrah for history nerds :D (1 Viewer)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
i reckon ancient history would be quite interesting

*lol. in the wrong forum again--hehe i don't do any history.. actually no humanities subjects!

malayz_angel

Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
i reckon ancient history would be quite interesting

*lol. in the wrong forum again--hehe i don't do any history.. actually no humanities subjects!
Lol...let me guess...you're a scientist!!

malayz_angel

Originally posted by wednesday

do you believe that ancient history completely contradicts the post-modernistic theory that nothing is unique? i do. For these people to have led the way and have no one to copy is proof enough that it can be done.
Ah....postmodernists. When we first started studying them in Extension, I found them so confusing. I still do but I guess they have a valid point when they say that everyone interprets things differently, therefore no one can be accurate. However, I DISAGREE with the part that says there is no such thing as history because of this.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel

Lol...let me guess...you're a scientist!!
yep! i was jus deciding to give u guys a little help from my history section of mah brain

actually i did history in 9 and 10 and enjoyed it its quite interesting;; hehe i remember my study notes were like 50 pages long...:D

I love Ancient too! It just kinda makes sense to me. I like the ancient greeks as well as reading revisionist theories (doing that for History Extension). I don't like Modern though.

Fiona

Me neither... I think primary school poisoned my chances of ever liking modern history, after "learning" about Captain Cook almost every year... Oh and Antarctica, Mawson and stuff. Blah. Can't remember much of it, but the dislike is still there.

I love love love Ancient history. It's actually my favourite subject at school... Paritally because my class is just wonderful, though :) But then again, is that a common thing amongst ancient history type people? Perhaps it is a phenomena, perhaps it is mere coincidence.

To think... one day we will be ancient history. Maybe our home town will be destroyed, and our lives will be studied... etc :)

Fascinating :)

Plus... Suetonius... Funny stuff :D I love Suetonius... Got a great copy from Borders, it has all these pictures of primary sources, on just about every page! Yay! :D

sillychikki

HSC
i totally agree... ancient is by far the best subject! modern was also spoilt by thousands of pages of what caused wars and how soldiers existed in trenches etc etc. I had a teacher that just made us summarise the whole textbook... a waste of time i say.

Yeah its amazing to think we'll be history one day. Once in class i think our teacher talked about the 'what ifs' if something like volcanic ash was to preserve us all as we were that moment. It was way kewl to think of it like that, to try and think about how people would perceive our lives by how the classroom was.

Wow you guys seem all really into it though, and my skool does way too much greek stuff i think... not much roman at all really so i dont have much of an idea of what youre talking bout:D

Go the ancient historian's enthusiasm though:)

sillychikki

HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
Yeah we do all the Greek and Persian stuff but I'd love to do some Romans and Egyptian work instead
I know ppl think Ancient Egypt has been done to death, but i love it! and would love to do at least one topic on it... Akenaten is really interesting.

Roman politics seems really boring though... you can tell we've started Rome as our historical time period thing.:rolleyes:

sillychikki

HSC
maybe it might get more interesting as we really get into the topic, i dont know:)
all i know is that id much prefer Egypt...:D

Pogmahaugn

Yeah, i do five units of history too...

dont any of you do Egypt?? you all seem to be doing Rome

we are doing egypt society, historical period and Akhenaten, as well as Greece 500-440

anyway, good luck fellow history nerds

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Pogmahaugn
Yeah, i do five units of history too...

dont any of you do Egypt?? you all seem to be doing Rome

I'm doing Greece and Persia...all Greece and Persia..yay, I'm not the only one doing 5 units of history! My friends think I'm a freak!

girlee281

I do five units of history. But I'm not sure I really like History Extension... Our teach doesn't teach at all. I'm finding it hard grasping the whole topic.

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
i only do ancient and ext hist and my ext teacher is one of the modern teachers and before she used to always make reference to topics in modern and i was like wtf.. being an ancient person and all heheh.....

haleseyrocks

Does anyone know any tips to remember Ancient History really quickly.

My Topics are:
Greek World 500- 449
Xerxes
Athens
Sparta

I can't remember dates. I even bought the Terry Buckley book.

madam_pyro

HSC
N/A
LMAO

ok hi guys i'm Vampire Maharet but with a new name. I had forgotten I used that name on here since its been ages since I came on, and so when I came over to the ancient history topic and saw this I had a heart attack. I cant believe there's people still posting in thread I started :D

anyone else here doing modern, ancient and ext?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)