I accidentally chose the wrong course to do.. (1 Viewer)

uac.aplcnt

HSC
And if I get an offer at UTS next year..is it possible to transfer to another UTS course that is similar after 6 months mid year if I get enough GPA or whatever??

panicstation

HSC
depends. what did you choose and what do you actually want to do?

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Actually I think that would be a bad idea itself..ugh..why?

Because if I did Nanotechnology for 1/2 year..the units I would do would be:

Mathematical Modelling for Science 6cp, Chemistry 1 6cp, Foundations of Physics 6cp

Select 6 credit points from the following options: 6cp

Cell Biology and Genetics 6cp, The Biosphere 6cp

But then..I thought if I could transfer into B Science (Maths/Statistics)..then I would have to do in the spring session (Second semester):

35100 Introduction to Sample Surveys 6cp 35102 Introduction to Analysis and Multivariable Calculus 6cp 35111 Applications of Discrete Mathematics 6cp CBK90797 Foundation subject choice B 6cp

The reason why it wouldn't be a good idea is because I dont have the foundation units done in the 1st semester for Maths/stats..which means i'll do worse than those that did do the 1st semester in Mathematics because I done the Autumn session for Nanotechnology instead -_-

Therefore I wont get the max marks I want to achieve to do other stuff etc

Last edited:

uac.aplcnt

HSC
esp. introduction to analysis and multivariable calculus..I'd probably be pretty lost in that unit if I didn't do autumn..lol!

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Narh.. I dont think I have enough of the ATAR to get an offer in the late round (Early feb now) because the ATARS/UAI INCREASES (Most likely) by a few ranks..

If I do get an offer in the main round..and I did accept it and decided to do Science at UTS then I'd rather just stay in the course for a year and THEN transfer to a totally diffo course or within another science major.

Why? I'd more liklely get more marks/GPA that way then being lost in the 2nd semester where I have no foundation/ building knowledge

Doomah

HSC
atar go up or down or dont change. u cannot predict.

samaccount123

HSC
Usually after the main round (Late round) the majority increases according to trends

uac.aplcnt

HSC
I just wanted to know if it is possible or not after half a year in UTS..

Also er..I think another good idea is just to defer it for a year or half a year and then start B science (Nano) mid year..then when another main round comes I could just apply again for the maths/stats major..then I can get the basics for it and get a better mark..although I'd have to wait for 6 months doing Nanotechnology..sounds like a pretty good for a school leaver

samaccount123

HSC
Do you mean do Science in Nanotechnology in the mid-year and then wait for a fresh year (i.e. 1/2 year later) so that you can transfer into B Sci (Maths/Stats) in the autumn/beggining session?? I think thats what you are asking..lol

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you mean do Science in Nanotechnology in the mid-year and then wait for a fresh year (i.e. 1/2 year later) so that you can transfer into B Sci (Maths/Stats) in the autumn/beggining session?? I think thats what you are asking..lol
way to go bumping a thread which is almost 2 years old.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Actually..his got a point.. also its nice to confirm my question even though I already got the answer..nice to be back in my thread I created..so HAH iRuler..Ipod..iPood! lol

So people..what happen to my answers? =(.. I still want answerss even though I kinda know the ans already =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)