I am lacking all means of motivation... (1 Viewer)

Efficient5

HSC
If you want motivation , you have to know why you are studying. What is it that you want to achieve by studying? Don't study just because people are pushing you to study or that you know that people expect you to be studying. You study to achieve your own goals and studying should be your own endeavour/project. Otherwise it's just studying for the sake of studying and that's not enough to motivate someone. KNOW what you WANT.
If my advice didn't help,
watch this video
YouTube - Al Pacino's Inspirational Speech

molly45

HSC
thats what hppnd to me....
burt out in grade 10 and 11
i have absolutely no motivation what so ever, sigh
thankgiod its almost over

Cowbell

HSC
i fucking loled
you actually believed that year 11 means anything? AND YOU BURNED YOURSELF OUT DURING IT?!?!
haha
you were one of those who stupidly acted on the countless times teachers told you that you can't just work hard in year 12 and get a good mark. ah well, your mistake. enjoy being beaten by people like me who never start thinking about studying until yr 12 when it actually matters.

also ITT: girl gets good rankings in all girls school and thinks its an achievement.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
i fucking loled
you actually believed that year 11 means anything? AND YOU BURNED YOURSELF OUT DURING IT?!?!
haha
you were one of those who stupidly acted on the countless times teachers told you that you can't just work hard in year 12 and get a good mark. ah well, your mistake. enjoy being beaten by people like me who never start thinking about studying until yr 12 when it actually matters.

also ITT: girl gets good rankings in all girls school and thinks its an achievement.
Jesus, did you read my post properly? I'm not burnt out from studying. I haven't actually studied efficiently this year because a) sick/tired b) demotivated.
Sick/tired -> vitamins blah etc
Demotivation -> ?

Just asking what's the best way to feel motivated, and how to maintain that throughout the year...

Run along now.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Jesus, did you read my post properly? I'm not burnt out from studying. I haven't actually studied efficiently this year because a) sick/tired b) demotivated.
Demotivation -> ?

Just asking what's the best way to feel motivated, and how to maintain that throughout the year...

Run along now.
apparently setting short term goals helps with motivation?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
eh i just do all the required stuff for uni.

once u start thinking long term, you get lazy.

mecramarathon

HSC
Demotivation -> ?

Run along now.
1. set goals e.g. come within top 5 ranks
2. make light if you do badly, always think about beating that 'guy' or 'girl' who's coming first in the next assessment
3. widen your 'happy' perspective i.e. feel good that you've come in the top 5 rather than coming first esp. in the HSC where ranks will be a roller coaster. If u don't you won't be a happy chappy
4. help others to boost the marks of your cohort (that'll make you motivated + benefit your schoo ranks)
5. choose your style of studying b4 the HSC starts e.g. whether you are the type who can memorise just by reading aloud, or by writing summary notes

just curious, don't you get sick of comming first in a subject constantly, i mean i do. In fact, it actually makes me feel happy that someone finally comes first in a course for the first time :)

+ the mention of suicide in this post is just blatantly silly; that person is ceratinly a weird academically mark-pursuited egoistic person.
+ suicide is a complex and serious issue.

Cowbell

HSC
Demotivation -> ?

Run along now.
OK let me put it to you this way. to a small extent, intelligence vs. UAI is a bell curve. That is, stupid people will get a low UAI, Smart people will get a high UAI. But past the standard "smart person" level of intellect emerges a conundrum.

Think about how much yr 1 means now- nothing right? you could've not even shown up and you'd still be in the same place you are now.

Think about how much yr 11 means- not alot, it really doesn't affect your UAI.

Now think about what yr 12 and a good UAI means- A bit, i suppose, but most good uni courses rely on about 30% UAI, the rest comprised of interview and another external test.

And that golden uni course? yeah, you can get a good job with it, but honestly most succesful people's completed uni courses don't have too much to do with what their job is.

So back to the bell curve, some kids in yr 11 and 12 pretty much say:

Yeah, I could study hard, I could get a great mark, I could choose the hardest courses and be the best. But what will it mean? Will it influence much in the future? Will it really make life more enjoyable?

and hence they don't achieve maximum potential in the HSC, and these more intelligent students don't score as well as others who work to their maximum ability, causing the bell curve.

So fuck your motivation- logically there exists none. The only motivation out there is false, a figment of the big picture.

So there is your question- what is going to make you happier; creating motivation and working towards a good UAI, or something else- something more (protip, this mostly involves something that starts with C and ends with Annabis).

But please remember this: for all of the people you beat, all those who lie below upon your imaginary ladder, there are some who do not take the blue pill. there are some who are and always will be smarter than you. And as much as you may believe that your UAI or ranking protests this, they will be happy. happy and free, a freedom you cannot imagine. The freedom of not giving a shit.

saberbladexx

HSC
but please remember this: For all of the people you beat, all those who lie below upon your imaginary ladder, there are some who do not take the blue pill. There are some who are and always will be smarter than you. And as much as you may believe that your uai or ranking protests this, they will be happy. Happy and free, a freedom you cannot imagine. The freedom of not giving a shit.
+1

Jeee

Banned
HSC
OK let me put it to you this way. to a small extent, intelligence vs. UAI is a bell curve. That is, stupid people will get a low UAI, Smart people will get a high UAI. But past the standard "smart person" level of intellect emerges a conundrum.

Think about how much yr 1 means now- nothing right? you could've not even shown up and you'd still be in the same place you are now.

Now think about what yr 12 and a good UAI means- A bit, i suppose, but most good uni courses rely on about 30% UAI, the rest comprised of interview and another external test.

And that golden uni course? yeah, you can get a good job with it, but honestly most succesful people's completed uni courses don't have too much to do with what their job is.

Yeah, I could study hard, I could get a great mark, I could choose the hardest courses and be the best. But what will it mean? Will it influence much in the future? Will it really make life more enjoyable?

and hence they don't achieve maximum potential in the HSC, and these more intelligent students don't score as well as others who work to their maximum ability, causing the bell curve.

So fuck your motivation- logically there exists none. The only motivation out there is false, a figment of the big picture.

So there is your question- what is going to make you happier; creating motivation and working towards a good UAI, or something else- something more (protip, this mostly involves something that starts with C and ends with Annabis).

But please remember this: for all of the people you beat, all those who lie below upon your imaginary ladder, there are some who do not take the blue pill. there are some who are and always will be smarter than you. And as much as you may believe that your UAI or ranking protests this, they will be happy. happy and free, a freedom you cannot imagine. The freedom of not giving a shit.
Rightio. I have been taken out of context.
I'm not even remotely talking about intelligence levels. I don't need to be told such. I for one, understand that a high school topic test is not truly a measure of intelligence (to an extent yes), more so, it indicates hard work (to an extent also).
I, in this thread, am asking for a means of motivation (but that's over with now, I think I've gotten into that frame of mind). Just wanted to ask you guys about how to prepare mentally for year 12; how to avoid breakdowns, remain optimistic, motivated etc.
So thanks for your measly attempt that in no way reinforces anything positive.
Ciao.

chrisrules

HSC

win.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

Ever thought about being a motivational speaker?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I can't help but feel as if anyone who commented in this thread with the intention of being helpful was simply ignored...
Ditto. Personally, I don't have any advice to give, as I am experiencing much of the same "lack of motivation".

brad616

HSC
You are a weak person if, when you don't get the mark you want, you completely give up and deteriorate.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i fucking loled
haha

Hahaha I commend this man!

You are a weak person if, when you don't get the mark you want, you completely give up and deteriorate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)