I can't study (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroddyy

Year 12 student in hell
HSC
you guys all think u have it bad??

ive got 4 DAYS OF EXAMS IN A ROW!!

2unit maths, then software design, then 3unit maths, then IPT!

THEN to top it off, 4 days later is economics! and im the type of guy that after one 3 hour exam, my fingers will be absolutely DEAD!!

wat the hell should i do about studying equally?

sumone HELP!! i dont know ANYONE thats in a situation as bad as me! ive heard people having 3 in a row but not 4! thats CRAZY!! and 3 of them are 3 hour exams! i dont know how i will be able 2 write that much!

in the trials, i wrote so much coz i had 5 exams in a row, 2 on the first 2 days and one on the next day.....and the skin from my thumb and my index finger peeled off coz i wrote so much! wat the hell can i do now??

HELP!! FAARRKKK

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
tanjin said:
Anyone else in the same situation?

No matter how hard i try i just can't study. I get everything ready, i sit down on my desk and then a few minutes later i walk off. I just bludge and bludge and bludge. 17 days to go and this is what's happening to me? I shouldn't be on BOS either, but seriously if i go offline - i wont go and study, not because i don't want to but because i just can't. :uhoh:

:(:(:(:(:(:(

HSC sucks anus. Bigtime

Good luck to everyone else though! :D
Why the f**k would you make a thread like this. You say that uou want to study but when you sit down you cant. There is one simple solution: If you WANT to study you will sit down and study, on the other hand if you dont want to study you will walk away after 2-3 minutes.

My point is that if you really want to study you will be able to just sit down and study but it looks like you dont want to study but still go good in the exams. You cant go good in the exams without hard work so if you are aiming high you need to be prepared to sit down and do some hardcore study.

I hope I have motivated you to do some study. Also get your parents to take your computer away from you over the next few weeks.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ASDFGHJKL:"" said:
Why the f**k would you make a thread like this. You say that uou want to study but when you sit down you cant. There is one simple solution: If you WANT to study you will sit down and study, on the other hand if you dont want to study you will walk away after 2-3 minutes.

My point is that if you really want to study you will be able to just sit down and study but it looks like you dont want to study but still go good in the exams. You cant go good in the exams without hard work so if you are aiming high you need to be prepared to sit down and do some hardcore study.

I hope I have motivated you to do some study. Also get your parents to take your computer away from you over the next few weeks.
I made this thread because I felt like it. You're not in my position, you have no idea about how I’m feeling so shut the fuck up, yeah? I want to study, trust me I do but when you lack motivation and it’s this close to the HSC it’s easier said than done. When you do you're HSC next year, maybe you'll understand but for now I wouldn’t comment. My parents don’t have to move anything away from me, my computer isn't a distraction - no matter what gets taken away from me now, it wont make a fucking difference because I just CANT FUCKING STUDY. I have everything ready for studying - notes, books etc but I JUST CANT.

FUCKWIT :)

Shroddyy said:
you guys all think u have it bad??

ive got 4 DAYS OF EXAMS IN A ROW!!

2unit maths, then software design, then 3unit maths, then IPT!

THEN to top it off, 4 days later is economics! and im the type of guy that after one 3 hour exam, my fingers will be absolutely DEAD!!

wat the hell should i do about studying equally?

sumone HELP!! i dont know ANYONE thats in a situation as bad as me! ive heard people having 3 in a row but not 4! thats CRAZY!! and 3 of them are 3 hour exams! i dont know how i will be able 2 write that much!

in the trials, i wrote so much coz i had 5 exams in a row, 2 on the first 2 days and one on the next day.....and the skin from my thumb and my index finger peeled off coz i wrote so much! wat the hell can i do now??

HELP!! FAARRKKK
fuck....

I wasn't saying anything about my timetable being shit....my problem is with the actual studying. I really don't know what advice to give you besides study your weaker subjects more! Good luck though :D

Last edited:

StephanieConway

HSC
know exactly how u feel. i literally cannot study, i want to do well, but the thought of sitting down and doing it, i dunno, i just cant!!!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Saying that you're gonna study and wanting to study doesn't necessarily mean that it'll translate to actual studying.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
StephanieConway said:
know exactly how u feel. i literally cannot study, i want to do well, but the thought of sitting down and doing it, i dunno, i just cant!!!!
I don't mind the idea of studying or actually practicing it - the problem is that i just can't. I don't think anyone will be able to comprehend the way I’m feeling at the moment.

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
tanjin said:
Anyone else in the same situation?

No matter how hard i try i just can't study. I get everything ready, i sit down on my desk and then a few minutes later i walk off. I just bludge and bludge and bludge. 17 days to go and this is what's happening to me? I shouldn't be on BOS either, but seriously if i go offline - i wont go and study, not because i don't want to but because i just can't. :uhoh:

:(:(:(:(:(:(

HSC sucks anus. Bigtime

Good luck to everyone else though! :D
I've never really 'studied'.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
magpam said:
ummm im on a break now but will get back to study starting tomorrow (hopefully) :D
:wave:

LETS BE IN THIS TOGETHER :)
I'`ll start seriously tomorrow , too :D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
magpam said:
ummm im on a break now but will get back to study starting tomorrow (hopefully) :D
Looks like we're all on a break then hey?

SoulSearcher said:
I've never really 'studied'.
But you are naturally smart :D

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
tanjin said:
I made this thread because I felt like it. You're not in my position, you have no idea about how I’m feeling so shut the fuck up, yeah? I want to study, trust me I do but when you lack motivation and it’s this close to the HSC it’s easier said than done. When you do you're HSC next year, maybe you'll understand but for now I wouldn’t comment. My parents don’t have to move anything away from me, my computer isn't a distraction - no matter what gets taken away from me now, it wont make a fucking difference because I just CANT FUCKING STUDY. I have everything ready for studying - notes, books etc but I JUST CANT.

FUCKWIT :)
You just cant study? Why dont you try sitting down and just studying even if your just reading through notes. There is no point in getting stressed about things because it will only make the situation worse. Why dont you just forget about study for the next day. Wake up early tommorrow and go running for 1-2 hours and spend the rest of the day doing things you like and dont even think about the HSC. Then the day after you will be refreshed and you will be able to study better and study harder. Good luck :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
magpam said:
ahahha

:wave:

just waved to you in the other thread
long time no chat
been to buzy studying ay? ;)
LOL did you !?

yep yep ! lots of studying to do :)

but still .. this forum is distracting me ><"

have you been studying too ?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
You just cant study? Why dont you try sitting down and just studying even if your just reading through notes. There is no point in getting stressed about things because it will only make the situation worse. Why dont you just forget about study for the next day. Wake up early tommorrow and go running for 1-2 hours and spend the rest of the day doing things you like and dont even think about the HSC. Then the day after you will be refreshed and you will be able to study better and study harder. Good luck :)
Oh boy, you really haven't met my parents. I explained what they're like to magpam - its hard not to stress when they're around, so maybe instead of getting rid of my computer i should remove them? I tried reading my modern history notes...not one thing got to me. Yeah..

I would also like to apologise for being a bitch earlier. :D

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
magpam said:
nah no studying jsut yet

i was so into studying before my graduation

my friend was like "yeah you really get motivated the last minute"

now after the graduation i cant seem to study.. it feels like everything is already over

but tomorrow i will try
ah , good stuff (Y). !
im too tired tonight =(

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Why dont you just forget about study for the next day. Wake up early tommorrow and go running for 1-2 hours and spend the rest of the day doing things you like and dont even think about the HSC. Then the day after you will be refreshed and you will be able to study better and study harder.
That's where the lack of motivation starts. You wake up with the intention of having a break, you have an awesome day doing absolutely nothing, it totally kills your motivation for studying the next day because you remember how easy it was just doing nothing. Most of us fell into this habit after trials because we just thought 'Sweet! No more exams til HSC (which is 2 months away) .. I can soo have a break until we start doing revision!' Then you get to school and because the teachers aren't pushing you any more you don't put in the effort .. hence falling into the bludging trap.

Well to help, this is what I've done:
- Make up a calendar of when you have tutorials, study lessons and exams so you can actually see how much time you have left to each exam.
- Make up a study timetable, allocating time to certain subjects.
- Turn your phone off and lock yourself in a room with just your books/study stuff and ipod.
- Go to school (if it's open during the hols) and work in the library or go down to the public library and work there. There are less distractions because at the public library you won't know anyone so you can't start talking to people, and in the school library pretty much all the distracting websites are blocked so if you go on the computer you can't get onto bos/myspace etc.

Hope this has helped you :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Sh4DoW said:
- Make up a study timetable, allocating time to certain subjects.
Timetables...

If i had a dollar for the number of times i made one and didn't stick with it...

Thanx for the advice though :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
magpam said:
also for those that absolutely can't study i suggest renting the movie -

legally blonde ... just cause i said so (hey its a cool movie ok?)

Pursuit of happiness is also good
Legally Blonde was good, but Pursuit of Happyness - I was rather disappointed, could've been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)