I don't do maths (1 Viewer)

halcyon

HSC
N/A
So, do you guys think this is a problem? As they all say, maths applies to the real world. Would I be regretting in the future, the choice I made of not taking maths as a subject? I feel like I've made a mistake with all the subjects that I chose for 11 and 12. Oh what to do...

P

pLuvia

If you want to do any maths orientated subjects in university you may be at some disadvantage, but you can always take up bridging courses

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Well at least take up General Maths, because our grade has only one 2-Unit class and one 3-Unit class and the rest do General Maths, they all know they "gotta do some maths", even though some fail it :).

halcyon

HSC
N/A
Can somebody please briefly explain what a bridging course is? I should know this but I don't...

Lavenderpup

HSC
A bridging course is a course done after the HSC but before uni officially starts in order to get you up to scratch for university level maths. Eg.
http://www.unsw.edu.au/futureStudents/nonAward/sad/bridgeprog.html

That said, General Maths counts shit all for university (they still need 2U math and onwards) and you'd still have to do a bridging course so why bother if its already been dropped?

Dark Phoenix

HSC
if u r really that bad at maths dont do it and i agree with the others do a bridging course if u need to do it for tertiary studies. but if u know u can handle just try it and drop it later

PrettyVacant

HSC
Nah, don't do maths if you don't want to.
Some people at our school are dropping maths, and our school's pretty maths-orientated...like 3 Extension 2 classes in year 12 or something..freaks.

halcyon

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately it's much too late to pick up maths as i'm in year 12. Haha.

Seriously though it seems as like there isn't anyone in my school who DOESN'T do maths and it's making me feel a little anxious.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Well why are you so concerned? Because it's really no big deal. Maths is just another subject. And as long as you're not planning to do like, advanced mathematics at uni, it shouldn't matter too much..
And like they said, bridging courses are good. Even people who did maths do bridging courses to "refresh", or at least that's what I've heard.

Lani89

HSC
halcyon said:
Unfortunately it's much too late to pick up maths as i'm in year 12. Haha.

Seriously though it seems as like there isn't anyone in my school who DOESN'T do maths and it's making me feel a little anxious.[/qu

Don't worry I dropped it today and I feel much happier.

Affinity

HSC
Don't do maths if it is really a issue, but I think it's best to have a diverse collection of subjects for the HSC.. ideally 4 Units of "Writing" subjects 2+ Units of maths another language and some other subjects depending on ones inclination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)