I don't know if i should pick up Ext. (1 Viewer)

gsweeper

HSC
My lowest mark in modern this year has been 80% and in most of my assessments I have been scoring between 85-90%. I am currently ranked 4th in the grade for modern and am close to topping advanced English, would i be ok for ext.?

lis3192

HSC
Extension History isnt really that hard at all. Its ALOT of reading but once u summarise its fine. :) If ur capable of righting good essays in modern and english then I think u should definitely go for it.

absorber

HSC
If you have the time, do it, but the major's alota work. No doubt you're capable though, and it scales well and all and it's enjoyable

gsweeper

HSC
The major is the reason i want to do it, when i am able to choose my topic of choice, i become so much more interested in the task, and in turn i will produce a good major....

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
history ext will increase your modern history marks; more so than it would help ancient history marks.

questions for the peace and conflict topic, nationality/personality topics that involve evaluating a certain view become dramatically easier (e.g. assessing whether russia or germany were totalitarian states under stalin/hitler respectively). this is a subject where the sophistication of your language will translate into marks, compared to the simple ancient history essays where you can link your points to the question at the end of each paragraph with a shitty generalisation and get 25/25.

edit: the major work is easy if you choose the topic wisely; look at historiographical shifts, and one of the easier options is examining changes in interpretation due to change in ideology. it's not 4 unit english lol

Last edited:

Fruits Basket

HSC
Go for it, if you love history and the types of topics in the course. I'm picking ext. history up and dropping Society and Culture personally :D

Paradox.101

HSC
Thought it was best to post here rather than start a new thread;

I was turned down for English Extension today due to a full class although they instead offered me History Extension.
Currently, I study Modern and I find it interesting, even more so with the HSC core topics but my marks have been fluctuating from below average to top marks in year 11,
but I'm prepared to commit myself this year. I'm definitely dropping Business Studies, which then I'll end up with 11 units, but I'm considering History Extension with a total of 12 units.
I'm capable of delivering high quality essays with sophisticated language. I'm worried that the workload will be overboard as I it'll come to a total of 7 subjects and the fact that History Extension will be fairly hard and maybe... mundane?

gella

HSC
do et
unless you go to a school like mine where you get knocked back despite having marks such as yours
if so do not bother

sammy-poo

HSC
definately pick extension history!!!
it is pretty easy, even the project!
i love catherine of aragon :jump:
:music:wish me luck for my exam

English Advanced, Mathematics, Ancient History, History Extension, Japanese Continuers, Physics:ninja:

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
you should def try it.
i did, and i dropped it though. LOL
my teacher was more ancient based... and i didnt enjoy the content we were learning.. and mind you, there was a lot of freakn content. D:

i think with dedication and your teach focusing more on the modern side of history.. you're set. :)

and if you realise you cant take it anymore.. drop! :D it's fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)