I got 30 or below UAI. (1 Viewer)

Platinum CS

HSC
Yeah. I actually feel so disappointed right now - I'm not the best student but I at least put in enough effort to feel that I'd get an average UAI or whatever.

My HSC marks? All were in the 60-70 range, The exception being english (adv.), which was in the 50's.

When I got the marks yesterday I tried to run them through the SAM but I guess it was down because of the amount of traffic on the site, so I downloaded the JUAI program someone had linked. It said I'd get a UAI of around 50 - not terrible and also enough to possibly get into uni.

It says on wikipedia "marks 30 or below are rare"...how the f*** did I get 30 or below? Because, y'know, there's people who sit the HSC and just write down random shit not even caring about what they get. AND I BASICALLY GOT THE SAME UAI AS THEM.

Anyway thanks Bored for being a good place to come for advice over the years, does seem like it was a waste of time now though.
I might as well be typing this from a computer down at Centrelink

So disappointed...

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I'm dissapointed to. And no I'm not someone whose saying that with a uai in the 90s still. I got 54. Please everyone else with shit marks post them.

jimmayyy

HSC
unfortunately, this years results were the highest ever, which means, thanks to how scaling works at the moment, the best got better while the average got hammered, as you and other people found out.

its a harsh reality of the system we use. hope it works out for you guys.

manon.weber

HSC
N/A
I got a devastating mark too...I seriously couldn't believe it and it seems the UAI doesn't reflect anywhere near your marks, unlike our teachers all led us to believe.

thenothing

no member
HSC
Do the HSC again, and work harder this time. Your punctuation is good and you seem literate, so I'm surprised you got a UAI like that too.

Doing the HSC again isn't a huge deal. Yeah, it's annoying, but it will set you back one year and that will make a difference to the rest of your life, if you want to go to uni. If you don't want to go to uni there's always TAFE.

KaLibuR

HSC
I got 76-72 in all my subjects except for English where I got 69. Punching the numbers in JUAI I was expecting 55 which was not good for me. I then used SAM (after refreshing each page about 6-8 times it would load), and it predicted 55 also.

My mark? 50.55

There isn't really a course I can apply for and so I'm going to TAFE. 2 years there will get me all 4 certificates in IT (if I pass, which I will, I refuse to fail again), and then apply for UNI as a mature aged student.

I understand what you're saying. If I started TAFE at the start of year 11, I would have finished all 4 certificates at this point and have a much more successful application to the UNI I want, instead of getting my HSC (I qualified for it) and a miserably low UAI and a day full of panic and working out my future.

We talked to our careers advisor about fallbacks and I hoped I never had to use one. Guess life can't always go to plan, eh?

Gotta pick yourself up and keep going. Perhaps some unexplained force is doing it so you get both a diploma and bachelor's degree in order to be even more successful at life?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
SAM wouldn't work because shit marks would be even shitter this year (i.e. very much below the 'standard') because of the strongly performing candidature.

somewhereelse

HSC
This WILL make you guys better people. best to fail at something as insignificant as the HSC (in the long run, its pretty much a non-event) and learn how to pick yourself up from it, than something more important down the track :)

ETA: Don't 30% of the state get 30 and below? I thought thats how it works? It's a rank, right...

Last edited:
HSC
haha well i got 73.85 and i got band 5s in everything but maths...general maths

my marks were pretty consistent:

81 81 80 80 84 79

definitely an all rounder just add 10 more marks to each mark and i'll make the premier's list with a whopping 99+ UAI :)

geoff18

HSC
i think u got an uai of 30 because of 2 reasons
a) ur unlucky bcoz of the smart ppl this yr
b) u chose 2 B subjects cause my teacher says the minimun uai is like 50 but if u did something liek that u fk urself up
Grade B subjects are like D&T and some other random stuff like food tech

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
To the OP: You're my hero. I genuinely feel sorry that someone like you who can work really hard can get <30 and someone like me can bludge and get what I did (significantly higher). I hope everything works out for you and I hope this doesn't adversely affect you.

haiironotenshi said:

81 81 80 80 84 79

definitely an all rounder just add 10 more marks to each mark and i'll make the premier's list with a whopping 99+ UAI :)
Wrong.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
haiironotenshi said:

81 81 80 80 84 79

dont u get into the all rounders only if all ur subs r in the 90s? that 79 isnt gonna reach 90 if it got added 10 to.........

Ali92l

HSC
:)thanks for the clarification dude. I bet no one pointed that out

pinknails500

HSC
I just wanted to say that although i did not get 30 or below in fact i did quite well, You guys are heroes for starting this discussion
Because im already sick to fucking death of hearing those smarmy ass kids who did well post their UAI's up thinking their all superior. Fuck u guys were all the class clowns and plastic mean girls who rocked up to class and made the day, if it wasnt for you guys HSC year would have been a HELL of alot fucking easier, but without the fun and amusement, and for that I THANK YOU
BEST WISHES FOR THE FUTURE
UAI is not the end, although in your case you guys cant even get into western sydney but no affence its a shit uni so you wouldnt wanna go their anyway, just reapply as mature age when ur 21 and seriously no 1 gives a shit about the UAI by next week anyway

KaLibuR

HSC
pinknails500 said:
I just wanted to say that although i did not get 30 or below in fact i did quite well, You guys are heroes for starting this discussion
Because im already sick to fucking death of hearing those smarmy ass kids who did well post their UAI's up thinking their all superior. Fuck u guys were all the class clowns and plastic mean girls who rocked up to class and made the day, if it wasnt for you guys HSC year would have been a HELL of alot fucking easier, but without the fun and amusement, and for that I THANK YOU
BEST WISHES FOR THE FUTURE
UAI is not the end, although in your case you guys cant even get into western sydney but no affence its a shit uni so you wouldnt wanna go their anyway, just reapply as mature age when ur 21 and seriously no 1 gives a shit about the UAI by next week anyway
You're welcome :p

And you don't need to be 21 to be a mature aged student. I talked to a lady at the CSU, she advised me to do at least 1 year at TAFE and then apply again (in that 1 year I'm able to complete 3 certificates and have 1/3 of the year free).

Put it this way ... it takes an extra year (the same time some people are taking for a gap year) and you have extra qualifications over the people who went straight into UNI. Guess who they pick for a job when its 1 person with a bachelors and 1 person with the same bachelors + a degree?

lindulgence

HSC
just wanted to know if anyone got wat i got cause im quite disapointed so yeh

HSC MARK
Bio mid band 3
Chem high band 2
eng(std) high bad 4
maths (2u) mid band 3
Pe high band 4
business mid band 3

and got an of uai just over 50 *tears*

Last edited:

KaLibuR

HSC
English Standard 69 (Band 3)
Information Processess & Tech 76 (Band 4)
General Mathematics 74 (Band 4)
Senior Science 76 (Band 4)
Information Tech (TVET) 72 (Band 4)

UAI: 50.55

I was extatic when I read my results on the Wednesday. I would never in my wildest dreams predict such a low UAI.

EDIT: lindulgence, what do you plan on doing now with your UAI being as low as it is?

Last edited:

shona1990

HSC
KaLibuR said:
English Standard 69 (Band 3)
Information Processess & Tech 76 (Band 4)
General Mathematics 74 (Band 4)
Senior Science 76 (Band 4)
Information Tech (TVET) 72 (Band 4)

UAI: 50.55

I was extatic when I read my results on the Wednesday. I would never in my wildest dreams predict such a low UAI.

EDIT: lindulgence, what do you plan on doing now with your UAI being as low as it is?
I know what you mean with being happy with your marks, but totally bummed about your UAI.
Legal - 80, senior science - 82, Adv eng - 78, gen maths - 74 and Bio - 74
UAI = 67.15.

I burst into tears. Seriously, I have no idea how the hell I could have ngotten in the 60s. And I'm so sorry if I'm making anyone feel bad for complaining about being in the 60s when some of you guys have it lower. I was REALLY dying for 80. Screw it, I'd have been ecstatic with a 70+. And, like you, I'm fucking SICK of everyone whinging about their 95.
:burn:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)