i guess its nearly official, we are all screwed (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
*shrug* I don't know the persons behind the 200 appointments he's made, but since the Democrats aren't making any noise about it, I'd assume they were reasonable.

Anyway, with a majority in Congress and the Senate, you wouldn't want some judges infringing on your power!

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Rorix said:
On what issues? That Iraq doesn't have links to terrorism? That Saddam was a bad man? Could you be any less specific? The nature of terrorism in general? What the fuck does that mean?
I was very very clear in my original post, which is that the poll was relating to the incorrect assumption that Iraqis were part of the 9/11 hijackers group. I am saying that people are mis-informed (possibly misled) about the nature of terrorism and the threat it poses.

Rorix said:
Oh, for your information
I don't know where this came from, but if it's correct, then I was wrong.....I guess whichever news outlet said that no links were found between Iraq and al Queda was mis-leading me. Unlike you I am receptive to new ideas, and also the possiblility that maybe I don't know everything or that I am always right.

Rorix said:
Again, you continue to try and make what 90% of 20-24 year olds think a relevant issue. When it's not.
I think it is very relevant that a group of people can be misinformed about an issue so important. Im interested to hear why you think it's not important.....

Rorix said:
That's funny, I seem to remember you attacking me just about 30 minutes ago, and in this post?
Well, there you go, you learnt that Iraq and terrorists are connected:).
I'm not going to bother with this, you called me an idiot first, then you took the "i am right about everything, you know nothing" attitude toward me. Attack my opinions but don't attack me, and dont patronise me

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Your refusal to even comment on the website i presented you with a link to make me believe you like believing blindly what micheal moore says, sorry that the website is full of all these 'facts' and lacks entertainment! i'll tell them to put on some scary music.

The opinions are yours, are you telling me you wouldn't attack racists? Their racism is only their 'opinion'.

edit: if 90% of 20-24 year olds thought that the terrorists were mainly iraqi's this sure didn't affect their voting decision.. most of them voted kerry.
1. I hadn't yet read the website thats why I didn't comment. Please don't patronise me. I'm not saying Michael Moore isn't biased or that he may have misrepresented things in his movies. I beleive that he did misrepresent things, purposefully or not. I also beleive that the government and media daily misrepresent things, purposefully or not. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that it happens all the time, but you only care when it's someone from the left doing it.

2. My point exactly is, you should attack their opinions.....i know people whose opinions on race i do not agree with...some of them are my friends. I don't think they are right, and I don't think it is a good thing to have those opinions. therefore I do not get involved in racial-based discussions with them......they aren't bad people apart from that 1 flaw.....no one is perfect

3. 80% of people who voted with the war in Iraq as their primary concern voted Kerry, according to an exit poll i saw on FOX this morning......I dont understand where you are coming from

propagandhi

HSC
N/A
ok ziff
you wanna be all intellectual superiority, im not gonna get into a shit fight
but explain the logic of stopping terrorism by giving a new generation of pissed of kids something to hate

by the way, fuck you and your conservatism who cares if i cant spell
killing people is still fucking wrong

Rorix

HSC
I was very very clear in my original post, which is that the poll was relating to the incorrect assumption that Iraqis were part of the 9/11 hijackers group. I am saying that people are mis-informed (possibly misled) about the nature of terrorism and the threat it poses.
Uh, so your entire argument against the war in Iraq is this one poll. Because 90% of 20-24's think the war is wrong, the war is thus wrong. You're going to dispute this again probably, so I'll direct you to your post

Why was the war in Iraq bad. Ask the 1100 families who have lost a son or daughter who was in the US Army. How about the possible 100,000 Iraqis who have died (so far). Why was it bad? Why was it wrong? Because we were lied to. There were no 'weapons of mass destruction'. 90% of 20-24 year olds surveyed in a National Geographic poll, beleive that the group of hijackers from 9/11 was partly or mostly made up of Iraqis. Last time I checked, the group was made up mostly of SAUDIS. Is that not a reason why it was bad?
The deaths thing I've responded to, the 'lies' I've responded to, so all we've got left is the survey.

I think it is very relevant that a group of people can be misinformed about an issue so important. Im interested to hear why you think it's not important.....
What 90% of 20-24yos think has no impact on whether the war in Iraq was right or wrong, the correct decision or the incorrect one. This isn't about 20-24yos and the media, it's about you calling the Iraq war 'wrong'. And what 90% of 20-24 yos think has no effect on that.

I'm not going to bother with this
I bet you are.

you called me an idiot first
Yeah, I knew you were. I have no problems with the use of insults, I just find it strange that you'd call on me not to insult you while insulting me.

then you took the "i am right about everything, you know nothing" attitude toward me.
Surely you realise that any attitude you try to read into my posting is merely a mental construct.

Attack my opinions but don't attack me, and dont patronise me
Again, mental constructs. If your opinions are poorly informed, then you, as the bearer of said opinions, are most likely also poorly informed. I like to point out said facts as it gets you all emotional.

Rorix

HSC
propagandhi said:
but explain the logic of stopping terrorism by giving a new generation of pissed of kids something to hate
You heard it here first folks, terrorists are only dangerous if we provoke them.

by the way, fuck you and your conservatism who cares if i cant spell
killing people is still fucking wrong
Ziff isn't conservative.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I do kinda agree, they only occur when we provoke them...
However i feel our very existance provokes them, whenever we say we disagree with them we provoke them, whenever we choose not to be led by a muslim dictatorship we provoke them, when we build our large businesses further the quality of life for people all accross the world.. we provoke them.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Cactus said:
I'd love to know how I'm an idiot. It amazes and disgusts me how intolerant people on the right are about other peoples opinions.

and it amazes and disgusts ME how uneducated and naive lefties are.

Sophie777

iamsickofyear12 said:
I didn't read it and I am not going to, but from the first couple lines I can see you are a moron and I'm not even going to bother explaining why.
In every thread you enter, you make a comment without evidence and refuse to back it up. Do you think you are proving a point? Actually you are, that you lack any ability to form a logical argument to support your claims and hence you say "Gays are wrong" or "you are a moron" and refuse to put forward any reason as to why, under the guise that you actually do have a reason as to why and you are too intelligent to share it.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
BreaKing said:
and it amazes and disgusts ME how uneducated and naive lefties are.

So if you're all so well educated and smart, why dont you pass on some of your wisdom. Indstead of just running down everything us 'lefties' say with personal insults and immature comments. I'm happy to have an intelligent discussion about this, with a view to maybe learning a thing or 2. Unlike you people here I don't beleive I know everthing and I don't pretend to be right about everything.......

grimreaper

HSC
I think the wrong things are being argued about here. Yes, Bush has a "hard stance" against terrorism blah blah blah - the fact is many of the things he did Kerry quite probably would have done anyway. However where the Bush administration really sucks is its outright corruption and hypocracies. As I think has been mentioned in this thread before - Bush shirked his military duties and now expects to command soldiers to go and attack other countries. Another thing is that Bush and his buddies all serve the interests of corporate america - friends of Bush always get first dibbs when it comes to oppurtunities to make a profit. Hey, I could go on for hours like all of you have, but just search the net, I just cbf

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Cactus said:
So if you're all so well educated and smart, why dont you pass on some of your wisdom. Indstead of just running down everything us 'lefties' say with personal insults and immature comments. I'm happy to have an intelligent discussion about this, with a view to maybe learning a thing or 2. Unlike you people here I don't beleive I know everthing and I don't pretend to be right about everything.......
He was mocking what your guy said...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)