i hate exams... why are they necessary?? (1 Viewer)

gizzeygremlin

HSC
you know what, i dont get it... why are exams necessary?
its not like, in the work force we're gonna have to sit down and write an exam or we're fired?? and yeah i get it that we have to test what we know... but whyyyyyyyyy... they create such stress its not even funny anymore!! i also have trouble studying for them coz i can neva just sit down and concentrate on what i need toooooo....

gosh, i just hate exams in general... would love to know what you think.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
gizzeygremlin said:
you know what, i dont get it... why are exams necessary?
its not like, in the work force we're gonna have to sit down and write an exam or we're fired?? and yeah i get it that we have to test what we know... but whyyyyyyyyy... they create such stress its not even funny anymore!! i also have trouble studying for them coz i can neva just sit down and concentrate on what i need toooooo....

gosh, i just hate exams in general... would love to know what you think.
Then come up with a way to test 70000+ people on their knowledge and application skills.

ScorpR6--RiDaHz

HSC
lolz true exams are necessary to see what a persons capable of to know if they are suitable for a certain job but i do agree it is stressful sometimes when your tested on the subjects that your not strong in...=[ sigh my school certificate starts 2MORO!!!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Exams are fine, its the way they are done that is the problem. Instead of all this rushed, must write at the speed of light to get it done within the time limit shit, people should be able to go in, write what they know, and leave when they are ready.

It would take a lot longer, but i think it would significantly lower the stress levels of those being examined.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
Exams are fine, its the way they are done that is the problem. Instead of all this rushed, must write at the speed of light to get it done within the time limit shit, people should be able to go in, write what they know, and leave when they are ready.

It would take a lot longer, but i think it would significantly lower the stress levels of those being examined.
That's not the best way either. It will be extreme unfair for some and if people could just leave whenever they wanted, how can they manage all of them at once?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
That's not the best way either. It will be extreme unfair for some and if people could just leave whenever they wanted, how can they manage all of them at once?
why would it be unfair to some people? if they did not put in the study and left earlier cuz they had nothing left to write, how is that unfair?

could you rephrase what you mean by the bolded? i dont get you

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, sometimes I wonder how humans evolved from hunter gatherer happy nomadic people into creatures that define success as beating the crap out of everyone else. I hate exams x[

peppy20

HSC
Exams are stupid. Stress people out too much!!
I don't mind a test but a full on exam makes people crazy and ruins lives haahah.

HAHAHAA Everyone i know is stressing out about the SC which is tomorow.
I havent even studied yet!!!!!:sleep:
I have no motivation... hmmm

Kelly47

HSC
I never studied for my SC, and I got back from my trip to Japan just a couple of days before I did it lol. I still managed to get good results for everything except for history (which I never paid much attention in).
Seriously, don't stress over it, if you intend on getting your HSC your results won't even count for anything.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
why would it be unfair to some people? if they did not put in the study and left earlier cuz they had nothing left to write, how is that unfair?

could you rephrase what you mean by the bolded? i dont get you
It is unfair way to test people. If people just needed like 100 hours to do the exam, would you just give them 100 hours to do it? Test does not only test people based on their knowledge, it tests their ability to get the answers out under the pressure and certain conditions such as time.

And everyone obviously has different needs. How is it possible to meet everyone's individual need? For practicality, it's just impossible.

Current system is quite fair, IMHO. It's fairer than having people finish exam whenever they like.

spence

HSC
Its the school cert, you really shouldn't be stressing. Although for HSC and onwards, I reckon closed book exams are pretty pointless. I don't see any real need to memorise so much, research skills are much more useful.

jonjoony

HSC
I rekn English would be fine but the only thing im stressing hard out about is science. Im doing the school cert papers and noticed that it is one hard ass test. Looking forward to math tho :D

SO EVERYONE STUDY (If your bothered)

ScorpR6--RiDaHz

HSC
jonjoony said:
I rekn English would be fine but the only thing im stressing hard out about is science. Im doing the school cert papers and noticed that it is one hard ass test. Looking forward to math tho :D

SO EVERYONE STUDY (If your bothered)
yaya maths ^^ hehes hi5 buddy :p lucky for me im not doing any science subjects so the science test i dnt really have to give a damn but english i had to memorise all those language techniques etc =[

LingstyleZ

HSC
no1 lyks exams but i guess its the only way? T__T.

anyhows.
good luck guys for 2moros eng and sci test.

4lettersdown

HSC
lou071 said:
many people don't like the exam but the exam
is necessary cos they test how much you know
about the topics that they test you on.
that actually isnt a reason why there necessary. thats basically a defenition of a test ("they test how much you know about the topics they test you on?" puh-lease) as far i can see, exams arent actually neccessary. certainly not on the level they are today. you basically spend all of highschool, if not all of primary school as well, learning how to regurgitate information that youve been cramming for the last three days for. hell, i dont pay any attention in class at all, and would be surprised if i get under a band 6 for everything. you can goof of for the whole year, as i have done, and then read over the sylabus... and you know, even if you shit in class and do jack all, you still retain all the information (at least i no i do). so i basically think testing is too prevalent in todays system. just wanting to know how well a student is going doesnt justify having 2 major exams plus about 8 topic tests for each subject every year. its bullshit. if you want to know how a kid is going, ask the frikkin teacher. they generally pick these things up (ps i am from a relatively small school, only 600+ kids, so i cant speak for the larger schools. but its still bull)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)