I hate thucydidies!!!! (1 Viewer)

Paris Astill

HSC
hey does anyone know where I can get a summary of thucydidies history? Everytime i try to read the actual book i fall asleep. A summary of all the events and issues he talks about will be fantastic!!!!! I anybody knows where i could get one PLEASE tell me! Thank you!!!!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Paris Astill said:
hey does anyone know where I can get a summary of thucydidies history? Everytime i try to read the actual book i fall asleep. A summary of all the events and issues he talks about will be fantastic!!!!! I anybody knows where i could get one PLEASE tell me! Thank you!!!!
All the events and issues? What's your topic?

EDIT: Yes, I did wantonly assume that this was to do with your project rather than the core course, why do you ask?

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Why would you possibly need a summary of all events:confused:

circusmind

HSC
There is no way you need to actually read this shit. It's enough to know vaguely what he wrote about...all you need to know in depth is how he did it. Method/tone/philosophy/etc.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zaqwerty said:
I agree. In the end, all he'll really be is a paragraph or two in your final exams.
Even if it's just that, the events he records aren't nearly as important as his method in approaching history. I really don't see the importance of reading Thucydides in its entirety, focusing on events.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)