"i hav a dream" how this text relates to imaginative journeys..? (1 Viewer)

jess_PIC

hey guys... im doing an assignment on how the speech "i have a dream" by martin luther king relates to colleridge and also how it is an example of an imaginative journey. if any1 can help with either or both, it would be great!! :D thanx

babii > girl

I read that speech so long ago that I cant actually remember it. But I don't think that you should use it as a related text. Cuz that speech is part of some other module in the english course. So it's a bit risky to use it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
u can use it in an assessment task but not in the real hsc exam

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
do u think it relates to imaginative journeys? i think i mite use it if theres a clear link

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
theres ALWAYS A LINK..thats one thing i have learnt about the AOS. just about anything goes...except chilish stuff which i steer away from

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
i dont think the specified age or target audience is important when relating to AOS.... as someone else said, you can nearly use anything.

i prefer to use stuff that im interested in as my related material. thats why i usually use music... in the case of imaginative journey i used "One Mic" by Nas... its pretty good, and shows imaginative journey pretty well... i also used everyone's favourite picture book - "Where the Wild Things Are" (remember that?)

those were for my 1/2 yearlies, and i did pretty well

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hsc is a little different to internal assessing dont ya think?...but yeah i stand by my belief that unsophisicated texts arent exactly helping the cause :p

2pac

Imaginative Journey

Hey people, does anyone have any elective texts on the imaginative journey. Some newspaper atricles would be good, and if you have the date, title and source then it would be even better. Thanx

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
check the aos forum stickied threads,heaps o related texts there

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah. In 'I have a Dream' you can say that Dr. King is taking the audience on an imaginative journey through the visual symbolism he's using but it's not really that good for it. One of the keys of the HSC English course is to find and choose texts which link WELL with your topic as opposed to trying to contrive some unrelated text into the topic or question. There's a list of related texts floating around these forums somewhere but I have it here:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Related Text Folio

It's what our school calls a collection of texts (usually 5) that the student has to collect then annotate and relate to the topic (like the AOS or powerplay).

I think other schools just call it a text portfolio, but many schools don't even bother making their students do one though it's a good idea.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah..its done but not formally and they only expect about 3 -4 for each student..after u have it checked u only concentrate on two for the rest of the year anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)