I just registered to post this. (1 Viewer)

Haidys

HSC
Alright. Hey. So like everyone else around NSW I'm sort of shitting myself. The countdown up the top there doesn't really help things either, lol.

Anyway, I'm just here to ask a general question. I'm the type of person who just, quite honestly, does not study. This whole break since graduation I've not opened a book or lifted a pen. Today I've just re-read my Skrzynecki quotes for 5 minutes and that's about it. Normally I get about 70-80%. Is that going to work for me again now? Will it be better? Will it be worse? Is it the same?

I mean, let's take tomorrow. It's just what, bit of comprehension at the start...nothing too dramatic if you're able to spot techniques and meaning right? Then we have a creative. I mean, it's DESIGNED to be conjured on the spot surely? Maybe offer a bit of differing perspective here some dialogue there, one or two different text types in between like a flashback...sprinkle some sophistication in the mix. We're good right?

And lastly, the essay...designed to be nothing more than an unrealistic shit-fest of quotes techniques and 'analysis' (or in other words, just say '"clearly derp correlates with '______") each time with different wording lol.

So...really. I fail to see how any of this is a mark of intelligence...it's pretty stupid to be honest. At the end of the day the guys that really do need that mark to get into uni I feel for you, but honestly. We all have like what, 40, 50 years to work. What's one year extra spent at Tafe for example going to really do? Is the HSC that important?

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
it might work in English but i doubt it would work in maths. if you're shitting yourself get off and study !!!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
HSC is not a measure of intelligence. HSC is a measurement of how well you meet the requirements to get into university. That's it. If your not aiming for something exceptionally high, HSC is not really that important at all. And even then, it's only of passing importance.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
You make it sound easy, but with no plan and under the stress of exams, you'll draw a blank. The HSC obviously isn't a mark of intelligence, it's a measure of who can play the game and memorise everything and re-write it. That's how it appeared to me. It's good that you recognise other pathways to your desired career, but why fork out on tafe costs, when you could save that by doing well and getting straight into whatever you want to do?

I have not been to Tafe, but I'd reckon it would not be a walk in the park. It would be just as difficult as Uni in some ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)