I moved from Advanced Mathematics to Standard Mathematics and idk if I regret it now... (1 Viewer)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
What I mean by it not 'relating' to maths is that since Year 9 and Year 10 5.3 Maths and Year 11 Advanced; I've always been used to Algebra, Logarithms, Calc, Trig, those sorts of concepts. I wasn't ready to see shapes and count the degrees of each vertex, to learn about paths and cycles?? It's pretty easy but there's too much memorising sometimes.

I always found maths okay and the majority of the time, I performed well but what happened in Year 11 was that the school brought in a prac teacher and he wasn't teaching properly and my Maths teacher was grading him of course. I had a chat with my maths teacher and she said that it was not her choice and as much as she tried to have him teach the other grades, the school didn't let. So when we were going over the topic of functions, we were disadvantaged and that topic goes a long way in Year 11 Adv so the majority of us got bad grades and it continued to topple down, so a lot of people moved to Standard, me being one of them. If we didn't have him, I'd probably still be in that class.
idk man having a bad teacher sucks but you shouldn't let that be the reason you perform poorly

hafsah_

HSC
i feel like for a lot of ppl, myself included, their enjoyment and performance of a subject is at times dictated by the vibes of the teacher and how well they teach
So true but at the same time, and this sounds weird coming from a student, some teachers don't take their job seriously and they may be the 'fun' teacher but in the end, it affects us and not many always realise that. Imo, the best teachers are the ones who are understanding, easy-going and teach at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)