• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I need a job! (1 Viewer)

JamesCohen

HSC
Hey, I'm currently working at McDonalds & they hardly give me a shift a week & when they do, its usually a short one. So since the holidays are coming up & i have just over 8 weeks to fill & i have no money, i'll be needing a job.

I've applied to some places. but have gotten no response.

I'm happy to work full time for those 8 weeks.

Any Suggestions?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Keep doing what you're doing....

It's a bit late now to look for a job at the moment as the xmas hiring period is over. Still, persistence is really the key factor in trying to find work.

HSC
Talk to whichever manager does the rosters and ask for more shifts. That's definitely easier than searching for a job a few weeks before Xmas.

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
you couldn't have found worse economic times to be looking for a job. Employers also want to keep their employees for more permanent roles, so 8 weeks of FT is no use to them.

Your best chance would be to ask a family friend, relatives or their contacts to give you work experience.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
GreenLeaf said:
you couldn't have found worse economic times to be looking for a job. Employers also want to keep their employees for more permanent roles, so 8 weeks of FT is no use to them.

Your best chance would be to ask a family friend, relatives or their contacts to give you work experience.
Couldnt agree more. On top of that, alot of employers would rather hire someone permanent as opposed to a student who they would know they would have to replace sooner or later.

JamesCohen

HSC
What i was thinking, was that i would do 8 weeks full time & then go to part time afterwards

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I'm confused?

You plan on working 8 FT weeks and then part-time afterwards? Part-time as in when you go back to school? Because if so, I find that highly unlikely.

If that is indeed the case, I find it highly unlikely that an employer will give a high school kid part-time hours. On top of that, you're going to burn yourself out working that much while having to do your HSC at the same time...

If that isn't what you meant, then for a guy your age, the most you can hope for is a casual job similar to your Macca's one.

JamesCohen

HSC
ohk, you got a good point there, but I'm currently working at Macca's & I'm registered as part time & yet i hardly get any shifts, how does that work?

JamesCohen

HSC
babikakez said:
IMO, just ask for extra Macca's shifts.
Already have, but nothing much happens. its Macca's & they're looking for the cheapest people to pay, which isn't me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)