I need help please :( (1 Viewer)

Omgpop

HSC
N/A
Guys woke up yesterday morning crying and in distress, looking at my hsc marks boiling out tears. And my atar is 55.6
tbh the mark i got i deserved i wasn't taking my year 12 seriously and in all honesty i really regret it.

my friend told me to do in search but it says something about the atar being 67? idunno but is it ever possible to still get in it? ( paying or pleading ) i just want this so bad

i wanted to do architecture or something in design ever since i was young ( year 4) and seeing the atar crushed my dreams, i know it's my own fault and i don't need to be told again coz i feel bad enough already. I've leant my lesson and will do anything to get in :(

just someone please help me it show me the way BoS

im pleading for help and support

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Do some research, google "uts insearch" and see the atar requirement for different disciplines. I do not know but if you really care to find out I am sure you can.

The alternative path is going to tafe, then uni with advance standing.

Omgpop

HSC
N/A
Yeah ive been on these forums since 12 pm today and been lookin and ive seen the options but uts is like my dream, ive been to the open day and fell inlove with the design side of it. :( im just so sad

enoilgam

HSC
With architecture and design, I'm pretty sure that there would be a variety of TAFE courses to suit your needs. I know you probably have the urge to "do it at uni", but a TAFE qualification can be just as useful to you as a degree if you manage to get a traineeship/apprenticeship which will get you a foot in the door. Also, you can transfer to uni from TAFE if uni is what you really want to do.

Have you applied for any courses at UWS, its possible that you could get in with an ATAR in the 50's. Although its improbable, you should see if they offer the courses you want and do them there.

Look, I know it seems heartbreaking now, but there is plenty of avenues still available to you. A guy who does law with me doesnt even have a HSC and transfered in from TAFE (he is in his mid-20s and is NOT an international student). Also, an ATAR doesnt label you forever, and you can move around and get yourself to where you want to go.

Omgpop

HSC
N/A
With architecture and design, I'm pretty sure that there would be a variety of TAFE courses to suit your needs. I know you probably have the urge to "do it at uni", but a TAFE qualification can be just as useful to you as a degree if you manage to get a traineeship/apprenticeship which will get you a foot in the door. Also, you can transfer to uni from TAFE if uni is what you really want to do.

Have you applied for any courses at UWS, its possible that you could get in with an ATAR in the 50's. Although its improbable, you should see if they offer the courses you want and do them there.

Look, I know it seems heartbreaking now, but there is plenty of avenues still available to you. A guy who does law with me doesnt even have a HSC and transfered in from TAFE (he is in his mid-20s and is NOT an international student). Also, an ATAR doesnt label you forever, and you can move around and get yourself to where you want to go.
I know it just a label but my mind is just telling me im stupid, myself esteem is gone. and tafe, aren't the application already closed? if so does that mean i wait one whole year of doing nothing. i feel so crushed, i know it hard to feel sympathy but this is whats goin through my mind that im gonna be stuck in a job i hate.

enoilgam

HSC
I know it just a label but my mind is just telling me im stupid, myself esteem is gone. and tafe, aren't the application already closed? if so does that mean i wait one whole year of doing nothing. i feel so crushed, i know it hard to feel sympathy but this is whats goin through my mind that im gonna be stuck in a job i hate.
Yes they have, sorry I thought they closed much later on (like january). You could consider taking a gap year as well, maybe it will give you a better perspective on what you want to do and how you want to get there. You could also take a gap half year, and apply for TAFE semester 2.

Omgpop

HSC
N/A
i just asked my mate at uts doing insearch and told me there is no requirement as long as you did your hsc, it relieved me. and from now on ive learn my lesson and will never do that again, this is my second chance and i will not waste it, anyways ty both of your guys for help

D94

HSC
N/A
Check out TAFE Diplomas (then a possible transfer into second year uni), and if you're seriously interested in Architecture or Design, start making a portfolio of your designs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)