I need help!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

tiffanyV

HSC
Hi everyone, Im writing now to get help from u guys. Actually, i already got accepted into Coles, working as cashier. And i also had 2 trainings in da row, one is packing stuffs, anoda one is reading through all da chapters about Sales, Payments, Orientation & Security, but guys.... to be honest I cant remember all of that. Then, has anybody here been trained for working as cashier at Coles. So u can guide me more, Im way too scared as tis one is my first job ever and I'll have my first shift next Wed. Please help me out, I'll be very very very appreciated u

Thanks a million

Zozo6969

HSC
ive been working on register at coles for bout 9 months and let me tell u, its a shitload better than being in grocery. in grocery, u cant leave til uve finished all the work u need to do, ur working at 100% for ur whole shift, at least on register if there are no customers then u dont do shit and can talk. also, if u worked in like dairy, u freeze ur arse off. try and stay on registers.

Seriously, the best way to learn all thestuff is to actually do it. dont worry about that thick book or that website induction or the lessons on the register computers. they dont mean shit. dont get too worried or scared, u'll have another, more experienced person that will either be on the same register with u, or on the one next 2 u.

checking bags, only if it is bigger than a loaf of bread. dont be too fussed on people that have a trolley full of grocerys from another supermarket (unless there are no supermarkets near u), and if they show u their bag, or show u their receipt before u ask them, odds on they havent taken anything, plus its too hard to prove it. only if the security thingy beeps.

all u gotta do is be polite to the customers, and just scan smoothly and pack bags nicely. most of it is common sense, and if something doesnt scan, just get the handheld max and scan it, or if it has no barcode, either ask someone to call a grocery person for u, or u could even do it urself. taking money, giving change and eftpos is easy, and make sure to ask for fly buys coz coles is really friken picky bout that.

Also, just make sure u do enough of these things called clearances, where u send money up the shoot. they get pissed off with u if ur carrying too much money in ur draw. i think the limit is like $2500 or $3000 or something. just make sure u always have 2 $50 notes, just for cash outs. Also, make sure u have enough change in ur drawer. to get more change, u fill out this electronic slip of all the things u need (eg. a roll of $2 coins). a good measure of having the right amount of change is to have all the different denominations with money in them, plus an extra roll of every set of coins. and for God sake, make sure u have enoguh $10 and $5 notes. i always get caught out with them. always have at least about 12 of each. and $20 notes are the worst, u cant order them, so whatever is in ur drawer ur stuck with. if u run out, bad luck, order an extra roll of $10 notes. so always try to get the customer to give u a 20. but, if u dont have enough, even tho it says not to, do a switch between another person on registers, most supervisors endorse it anyway.

if ur worried about all the fresh produce and dont no what anything is, just ask the customers coz they should know what they are buying. the numbers arent to much of a fuss, as u just type in the name of the fruit and click whichever one comes up. ill even give u some common fruits now.

1 bananas, 2 tomatoes, 3 washed potatoes, 6 carrots, 12 green capsicum, 14 mushrooms, 17 lemons, 26 red capsicums, 30 brocoli, 5564 brushed potatoes, 4139 granny smiths, 72715 leek, 5030 pink ladys, 5222 leb cucumbers, 4066 beans, 4093 iceberg lettuce, 4672 parsnips, 4092 snow peas, 176 cocktail potatoes, 5576 pontiac/desiree potatoes, 50178 brown onions, 50132 red onions.

cant think of anymore, but trust me, its not too hard and remembering all these numbers is easy if ur punching them in for 12 hours a week.
good luck anyway, just do what comes natural to u, and most of it is just common sense anyway. the computers are so simplistic so that always makes it easier. good luck.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Thank God that some places have touchscreens now cos honestly, I'd be so hopeless with those numbers. I know you will eventually "get it" but I seriously would take aaaaaages.

tiffanyV

HSC
thank you zOzo6969, i love u so much for all of that experiences. I hope to learn alot from you. Thank you

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
WoWPOS has a pretty efficient system of doing it. I found it very easy to pick up :D

HSC
Zozo6969 said:
$20 notes are the worst, u cant order them, so whatever is in ur drawer ur stuck with.
I am forever running out of $20 notes, and what really gets on my nerves are customers who ask for $20 cashout, and when you give them two $10 notes, they say lovingly, oh I was really hoping for a 20, could I change these notes. I thought the registers were within full view, and that they could see what we had in there. Obviously not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)