I' Need Help (1 Viewer)

OscarMore? Phew

HSC
Hey ladies and gentlemen, I need some help with forming an idea for my major.
What do the makers look for story wise, is it good to have an extremely deep and thought provoking idea? a political message? A statement on society? A gaggy comedy? Does it need much depth or can the premise be fairly shallow?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
OscarMore? Phew said:
What do the makers look for story wise, is it good to have an extremely deep and thought provoking idea? a political message? A statement on society? A gaggy comedy? Does it need much depth or can the premise be fairly shallow?
The Marking criteria will vary depending on the dramatic style you choose. If you choose comedy, make sure you specify that in your log book and they will judge you using their comedic values.

If you choose a more deep style, such as a statement on society, they will mark with that hat on.

Make sure it fits into one of the pre-selected titles.

jebbadiah

HSC
As my teacher and I looked through the outcomes/syllabus/marking (whatever it was) for Video Drama, the major thing they're looking for is a coherent, well made, entertaining concept. My teacher told me to focus on mood, pace and tension - So I picked a genre that encompassed all three - Noir.

Check it out here http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jl4hsDNANQs

The day I finished was great. And it's really rewarding to come out of your HSC with something that you can show off to your friends and show to yourself.

Good luck anyhow, and hope you do well.

jennieTalia

HSC
Always just take the style you are better at. At the end of the day, drama is creative, so don't be afraid to do something just because something inside of you tells you to do it :)
I felt the same with script and I'm so happy the way mine came out =D

pell

HSC
Don't do a Mockumentary, its easy to make and 80% of the films that are handed in Mockumentary so you wouldn't get a really good mark unless you make the best mockumentary out of the majority that makes one.

Amilee

HSC
The markers look for innovation, something that makes them excited. We are the future of the Australian theater industry, push boundaries. Treat this the same way you would treat a professional project. If you can produce something that inspires the markers and instills a sense of professionalism then you'll be looking at 29/30 - 30/30. My sisters friend got into onstage this year doing a piece about a transgender woman in America in late 1960s. She questioned and poked fun the anti-homosexual stance that America has and still to some extent dose adopt as the status quo. My sister said she worked day and night on the piece that she wrote but in the end what she created was something that was intelligent, entertaining and thought provoking; in a net shell something the markers would pay to see on a sydney stage. Go out on a limb and above all be passionate about your major work. You have to love, live it and breath it. If your not inspired by it chances are the markers aren't going to be either. They have to sit day in and day out watching absolute shit so surprise them, give them a really show and you will stand out.

thatjayderig

HSC
The markers look for innovation, something that makes them excited. We are the future of the Australian theater industry, push boundaries. Treat this the same way you would treat a professional project. If you can produce something that inspires the markers and instills a sense of professionalism then you'll be looking at 29/30 - 30/30. My sisters friend got into onstage this year doing a piece about a transgender woman in America in late 1960s. She questioned and poked fun the anti-homosexual stance that America has and still to some extent dose adopt as the status quo. My sister said she worked day and night on the piece that she wrote but in the end what she created was something that was intelligent, entertaining and thought provoking; in a net shell something the markers would pay to see on a sydney stage. Go out on a limb and above all be passionate about your major work. You have to love, live it and breath it. If your not inspired by it chances are the markers aren't going to be either. They have to sit day in and day out watching absolute shit so surprise them, give them a really show and you will stand out.

your so right. but i am so screwed u dnt understand, iv been so sick and on and off school for this year so pretty much i havnt started my video. i wanna look at kids n how they wna b older n how older ppl wna be younger or kinda show how life is prety much planned in a way,,,, eg, born, primary school (bludge years), hsc , furthered education, job, family, die. i dno if you get me. does any1 have ideas? do u think if i did somehting with that it would be worthy
:]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)