i need help (1 Viewer)

lil princess

HSC
i've like totally forgotten all this shit;

A voltmeter measures the change in VOLTAGE/ELECTRICAL-POTENTIAL-ENERGY between two points in the circuit. In analogy with a water circuit a voltmeter is like a meter designed to measure pressure difference. It follows that a voltmeter must be connected with the portion of the circuit on which the measurement is made in SERIES/PARALLEL. It is also necessary for the voltmeter to have a very HIGH / LOW resistance so that it does not have an appreciable effect on the current associated with the measured circuit.

An ammeter is an instrument for measuring the ELECTRICAL-KINETIC-ENERGY/ELECTRIC CURRENT in a branch of an electric circuit. In analogy with a water circuit an ammeter is like a meter designed to measure volume flow rate. It follows that an ammeter must be connected with the portion of the circuit on which the measurement is made in SERIES/PARALLEL The ammeter must have very HIGH/LOW resistance to avoid significant alteration of the current it is to measure.

if someone could help - i know its like really simply stuff but my brain is dead... stupid education

rama_v

HSC
An ammeter is connected in series
A voltmeter is connected in parallel. An ammeter has low resistance otherwise it would screw up the reading of the curent wouldnt it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)