I need notes... URGENTLY! (1 Viewer)

Amber

Hey! I am doing the following:
*Spartan Societies
*Xerxes
*Persia
*Greek World 500-440 BC
*Greek World 446-399 BC

If anyone has notes on any of these, particularly the Greek periods, u would b my saviour! I have very little on these, and am trying to get anything i can:confused:

apollo

for greece 500-440bc, i suggest you investiage the following

the delian league and its transformation to an athenian empire (there has been a question on that last 2 years in a row, its 3 dot points in the syllabus, you simply gotta know it)

also find out a bit about the peloponesian league

and the causes, course and consequences of the persians wars (darius' failed attack in 492bc, then reattempted invasion leading to defeat at marathon 490bc... then xerxes phat attack in 480BC... thermopylae & artemisium (look into military tactics for those 2 - athenian kyklos, 300 spartans, the traitor, etc)... the burning of athens, evacuation to salamis and the battle of salamis (tactics! - periplus) look at important characters - learn their role... themistocles, aristedes, miltiades, ephialtes...

development of naval power (athens - piraeus & delian league tribute)

development and nature of athenian democracy - cimon, reforms of ephialtes, then pericles, was it actually a democracy or did pericles dominate

learn the details of that shit, biff in a few quotes and you'll be right

Amber

Thanx

Thanx heaps! what is kyklos? Any more tips? I hate that Delain League crap!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The Delian league is easy peasy...you just need to know step by step how athens grew into an empire (subjugating, using force on member states, moving the treasury from delos to athens etc) and the personalities involved (Cimon, Pericles etc)

the kyklos is a defensive position where the ships form in a circle with rams pointing outward

Last edited:

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
What kind of stuff do you need for Sparta? I can probably help you out there if you give me some specifics...:)

vivien

kyklos - used at artimesium by Greek forces. the front of their boats pointed outwards and they were in a circle formation, sped out and rammed persians. Destroyed A LOT of the persian fleet because their ships were larger and harder to manouevre and minimal damage to greek ships as their flanks were protected

Amber

alot!

Belle, stuff on Spartan government, Xerxes building program, brief summary of Delian League, and personalities of the time and what they did, and in greek worl 446-399 stuff on the fall of Potidaea, events in the chalcidice (Amphipolis etc) and the Decelean war or something (oligarchic revolution etc)
If u have n e of that u would be a life saver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)