I need to change my surname (1 Viewer)

blackbunny

HSC
I had this last name that i did not like all my life.

now i want to change it.

my 1st name is alex, can u please give me some suggestions for the last name

bakedbob

HSC
blackbunny said:
I had this last name that i did not like all my life.

now i want to change it.

my 1st name is alex, can u please give me some suggestions for the last name
POWER.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
in the city there's a place where you can change your name, it's gonna cost you around $130 i think, signing application form, then wait 1 week, or you can get it within 24 hours via by paying $150.

i know all this stuff because i once tried to change from my real name to my screen name, they didn't let me, something to do with the underscore :eek:

bassistx

HSC
Out of curiousity, when you change your name (either, but particularly surname) are people still able to track you down? I mean, is it still in "databases"? Or do they remove your previous identity completely? That's always puzzled me.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
In this situation, where it's by choice i'd say yes, it's just a change to your maiden name (a la marriage).

I'd say it's different if it were through a witness protection program or something.

testiclepilot

HSC
NEED

A requirement, necessary duty, or obligation: There is no need for you to go there.
WANT

To wish, need, crave, demand, or desire

bassistx

HSC
Azamakumar said:
In this situation, where it's by choice i'd say yes, it's just a change to your maiden name (a la marriage).

I'd say it's different if it were through a witness protection program or something.
So you're saying if you changed your name from John Smith to Peter Brown, if people searched for John Smith, they would find you? Even if you moved away or whatever?
(ignoring the fact that these names are popular).

testiclepilot

HSC
bassistx said:
So you're saying if you changed your name from John Smith to Peter Brown, if people searched for John Smith, they would find you? Even if you moved away or whatever?
(ignoring the fact that these names are popular).
Dude, you can be found either way. Just let the loansharks shoot you in the knees and get it over and done with.

bassistx

HSC
testiclepilot said:
Dude, you can be found either way. Just let the loansharks shoot you in the knees and get it over and done with.
Then what's the point of changing your name? It completely defeats the purpose... Except I guess if you just wanted something "catchier".

HSC
If you're serious about doing this, try and make it 1 syllable (2 at most) and spelt as it is said (i.e. phonetically).

I remember reading about this and it makes sense, also it's memorable in print (example: Stephen King).

I wouldn't be able to change my surname, even though people are horrible at spelling it. Just wouldn't feel right...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
iirc if you are known widely by another name, and begin to get documents signed in this title, it becomes largely official and will be accepted legally in many situations. It's legally grey.

Just start using another name, and for all practicle purposes it becomes yours.

yosemite sam

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Mack.

i can't believe noone else said it yet

although it would work better if you were a slightly awkward teen girl
Dammit, i was going to say that.

was my first thought when it said name was alex.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
blackbunny, you are an arrogant McCarthyist because you think that those who are able to work but refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Evilo, you are a greedy bigot because of your hostility towards violent criminals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)