i no this sounds vain but... (1 Viewer)

LazyBoy

HSC
with that said, i have a friend who went to UWS and hated it. she wasnt from the west, and stuck out like a sore thumb there. she found it had very little sense of community and the environment was crap.

a little lost

relationships pfft
LazyBoy said:
with that said, i have a friend who went to UWS and hated it. she wasnt from the west, and stuck out like a sore thumb there. she found it had very little sense of community and the environment was crap.
well your bound to have people who weren't happy there. i mean you can't honestly say that every single student at USYD is happy and enjoy their time there. i'm not saying that UWS is better socially or culturally then any other educational institution i'm just saying don't bash UWS because most people who decided to throw around insults about UWS regard it as some sort of trashy uni which its not.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thebach said:
Shut the FUCK UP ESPO UWS IS probably the place for YOU!!!!!!!!!!.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion. You prob like your student card cos its cheap like you so next time i advice you to keep your mouth shut!!!!!!!!!!!!.
no. how about YOU shut the fuck up!
A student card is nothing. It's a fucking concession card. You won't really have to use it. There isn't much of a price diference between laminating and 'plastic credit cards'.
he never said he liked his student card. I'm sure that no one from other uni's gives a shit about student cards.
Just you.
"nooo...my card is so thin. Others are so thick".
Sure this may overcompensate for you lack of penile girth, but no use in whinging about it

S

Shuter

a little lost said:
i know u've asked not to comment but i'm this is just something that i have to say. As a former UWS student who has recently transfered to sydney i do find it amazing. For everyone reading this and who feels the urge to bash UWS have any of you ever been to uws? Have any of you experienced the culture at UWS? it has a wonderful environment were everyone is comfortable with each other and people don't go around belitting other educational institutions.

Why do people always feel the urge to bash UWS for when they know absoultely nothing about UWS.

For the record i'm glad i was able to study a yr at UWS because i was able to learn a lot not just academically but to learn about life experiences as well.
Although it does have it draw backs. But then so does every other institution.

Former UWS student and proud of it.
They must be pretty stupid out west if the people still post in threads where they were clearly and specifically asked not to :p

That said, my Student ID card has a HORRENDOUS photo on it, I didn't realise we would get a photo taken when we enrolled and had been wearing a hat all day not to mention looked like I was drugged out. At least it's plastic though...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thebach said:
Yeh Blame It On Espo He Just Stuffed Up The Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
He stuffed up the thread by disagreeing that whether the card is laminated or not matters? If everyone agreed it would have been an excellent thread?

thebach said:
Im not worried about the fucking student card got it poofta. Im just saying it should be better. Got it !!!
A lot of things should be better. Like gold plated toilets. And dragons which transport you around campus. Hell for the $500+ I would have expected the cards to be programmed to transform into giant robots with beacons which attract sailors out at sea on Friday nights. But unfortunatelly they're not there. If you have a problem with them join the SRC and get them changed.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
He stuffed up the thread by disagreeing that whether the card is laminated or not matters? If everyone agreed it would have been an excellent thread?

A lot of things should be better. Like gold plated toilets. And dragons which transport you around campus. Hell for the $500+ I would have expected the cards to be programmed to transform into giant robots with beacons which attract sailors out at sea on Friday nights. But unfortunatelly they're not there. If you have a problem with them join the SRC and get them changed.
thebach seems to be
a) stupid
b) quick tempered
c) arrogant

Sounds to me like the typical 'westie', maybe she/he should come join me at uws.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The SRC, Union and SU Sport are all full of crap. SRC is full of wankers who are out to prove a political point, even though their views are Highly unpopular and incredibly insulting to students. Union is full of wankers from the same political faction as those on the SRC, who not only will, but have used the threat of cutting funding to certain student groups to increase support for their dirty politics. SU Sport is a service which spends a grand total of $1 on every student at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, despite the fact we spend so much more.

Our student cards are not only flimsy and easily damaged, they are also incredibly easy to forge - you could easily just send somebody into an exam for you by laminating somebody else's photo over yours. The introduction of plastic cards to the university will cut down on a lot of problems, not least the fact that many wallets don't even fit the USYD laminated card, and if they make use of smart card technology, students would be able to use certain services on campus without carrying money, making the university a safer environment.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
thebach seems to be
a) stupid
b) quick tempered
c) arrogant

Sounds to me like the typical 'westie', maybe she/he should come join me at uws.
I resent this westie profiling. People from the western suburbs are generally far more down-to-earth, compassionate, sensible and all round sane than those from other regions.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh come on! Sure we're stereotyping and generalising but the stereotype is true for a lot of the west.
East: Rich snobs who all seem to be legally inclined.
I live in the east and can confirm that.
South: Lots of surfie/punkers. very laid back.
This can also be confirmed.
West: Full of 'gangstars', darros, druggos etc
In my few limited times of going to the west, thats the kind of people i saw.
Going further west (past penrith) is pure scarry. Everyone is called Cletus

LazyBoy

HSC
1time i totally agree with you, i live right on the border of the west. Its like living in germany looking over to france. The two areas are almost socio-economic opposites, by appaearance, wealth, social values and behaviour. The people dress completely different, act completely differently. The steriotype is there for a reason. Steriotypes are unfair generalities, but they are rooted in truth.

Yes like in every area there are decent people, but in the west and i know this for a fact. Nearlly everyone acts like a dero, with a fridge full of beer and waisting there wage on the pokies. Argue all you want, but the steriotype exists for a reason. It wasnt just pulled out of someones arsehole for fun.

alien

HSC
well, i've lived in both west and north.
GENERALLY westies are really nice, it's cheaper to live out there but the weather is a bit wack-uber hot at day and uber cold at night. sometimes westies will be like 'we're westie and u aren't so u suck' but usually they're cool.
and alot of non westies are like 'you're westie so u suck'
depends if you listen to the stereotype i guess.
for the record: past penrith (up katoomba way) is not pure scary.
plus i think ppl might be confusing the inner west with the west a bit

LazyBoy

HSC
no innner west is fine, actually a really nice area. the scary part of the west is what is known as "the greater west" which includes, blacktown, Mt Druitt, Penrith and the suburbs south of that. And alien i dont know which ppl from the west youve met, but the ones ive met you dont look twice at them or they would stab you. they are the ones with a fridge full of beer that disapears before 12pm and walk around in footyshorts. i know many many ppl from the west who perfectly fit the steriotype. Its not pretty, you go to blacktown to the all night maccas. You have to order through a window because its so dangerous.

Generator

HSC
N/A
LazyBoy said:
1time i totally agree with you, i live right on the border of the west. Its like living in germany looking over to france. The two areas are almost socio-economic opposites, by appaearance, wealth, social values and behaviour. The people dress completely different, act completely differently. The steriotype is there for a reason. Steriotypes are unfair generalities, but they are rooted in truth.

Yes like in every area there are decent people, but in the west and i know this for a fact. Nearlly everyone acts like a dero, with a fridge full of beer and waisting there wage on the pokies. Argue all you want, but the steriotype exists for a reason. It wasnt just pulled out of someones arsehole for fun.
You are characterising the west at large on the basis of a few problem suburbs. Nobody will dispute that instances of socio-economic disadvantage are more prevalent in some areas of the west, but there is no need to portray the west in general as being the polar opposite of where-ever your 'border' suburb may be.

If you are going to argue the point, try and make sense and use valid 'facts'. Your own generalisations are not worthy of anyone's consideration. Have a nice day :).

alien

HSC
LazyBoy i've lived there. i know lots of ppl there.
you're right about Mt. Druitt n stuff
Penrith, werrington area i thought was pretty good. and in the mountains like winmalee, leura it's pretty quiet.
mt druitt hebersham area is wack. blacktown does have something awesome though: drive-in!

LazyBoy

HSC
I was never characterising the whole west, more just the part of the west where the "westie" culture exists. the greater west mainly includes those areas. the inner west, is that. the inner west. south west is that, the south wester same with north west. but the western suburbs i actually refer to the greater west. perhaps we should have all calrrified.

The mountains btw are mad, they are really nice areas. Its just penrith i know alot of really fucked people, mt druitt and all the way to blacktown. obviously its like ripple effect with the epiccentre in mt druitt. And i am using valid facts, the existance of a steriotype is a fact. When you have a friend who goes to visit this area to pickup someone and gets bashed youll be bitter about the area too.

With all that said im not saying everyone from those areas are fucked in the head. im just talking in a generality. There are always expetions to generalities, which really doesnt need to be stated so i dont bother saying it because it should be a givin.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Thanks man, i'm from the west, i was just presenting the stereotype of idiots.

I'm sick of people from places like epping thinking they've got it better than us out west, the truth is i'd never wanna live out there... there's just too much traffic.

I also like that guy saying it's like seeing two entirely different countries, he's a stupid dick. Who do u think u are? are u so rich that we're nothing but little peons to you?
I was born into a shitty housing comission house in mt druitt. My parents worked hard, doing long shifts in boring jobs. Built up a business, and soon we'll be moving into a house worth around 1.6 million IN THE WEST.

Last edited:

alien

HSC
lol one of my friends gets jumped ALL the time
pretty bad
he usually legs it or fights back

Generator

HSC
N/A
LazyBoy said:
The mountains btw are mad, they are really nice areas. Its just penrith i know alot of really fucked people, mt druitt and all the way to blacktown. obviously its like ripple effect with the epiccentre in mt druitt. And i am using valid facts, the existance of a steriotype is a fact. When you have a friend who goes to visit this area to pickup someone and gets bashed youll be bitter about the area too.

With all that said im not saying everyone from those areas are fucked in the head. im just talking in a generality. There are always expetions to generalities, which really doesnt need to be stated so i dont bother saying it because it should be a givin.
Given that stereotypes are merely social constructions based on a warped sense of reality (or the exception rather than the norm), I guess that I can accept your point of view.

Just for the record, I cannot stand the born again christians of the North West and their debt ridden lives. Quite pathetic, I think :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)