• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I reckon one module will be a conversation... (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
i hope b is a convo, they are so easy to do because you can have two people who reads the text differently.

i hope c is a speech...coz my essay doesn't sound so "essayish"

i hope A is a general feature article or an essay about contexts being changed and value being changed as a result

you know what i've realised after analysing some past papers...if they ask you to write in a textual form...the question is usually broader...
such as C last years 'visions and versions"

jdrockefeller

HSC
DeanM said:
'a' is always an essay... but who knows they could change it this yr... imagine if it was 3 letters, or 3 convo's, or 3 ESSAYS !! (unlikely, but still)
we just dont know ... i guess we'll know in about 36 hrs...
In all the years of the HSC (2001-2004) there has been two essays, and one "other form", be that a newspaper article, conversation or speech.

Module A has always been an essay and Module C has only been an essay once. Module B is usually an essay, but in '02 it was a conversation.

Soooo, I'm not a betting man (oh wait, yes I am, I'm betting a Chinese lunch with my mate that it is Essay, Essay, Speech) but I dare say it ain't gonna be

3 letters, 3 convo's or 3 ESSAYS !!

HSC
Even if it isnt an essay i wouldnt stress so much about it.

My teacher marked mod A last year (transformations) for the first time and she said that they are really generous with marks. Even if you write an essay and it says speech or feature article, if its a good essay you could still score a band 5!
She said when she was marking emma and clueless that people had put in completely wrong information or quoted from the wrong character but the response from the senior marker was something like "dont worry about it".

If you really struggle with adapting a question to the specific text type or answering the actual question asked then write ur essay- if its good u will still get good marks.

Think about it.... even if 'writing in the correct style' is in the marking criteria, how many marks would be awarded for it? 1-2 is my guess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)