I want to get my Ls... (1 Viewer)

raBOS

HSC
Hi,

what do i need to do to do Ls test?
do i need to book it?
do i need someone over 18 with full license??

I've studied all week this week and i'm planning to go get my Ls at liverpool tomorrow with a friend.

but i don't know if i need someone over 18 with full license to come with us, because we plan to go there by tway!

lychnobity

HSC
you studied all week but you dont know what the ID requirements are?
+1

Right, you need a primary form of ID (ie passport, birth certificate) and a secondary one, this needs to have your name on it and a residential address (this includes student IDs, water bills, electricity bills). Being the adolescent you are, you won't have a secondary form of ID, so there will be a question on the green form requiring someone who has a FULL licence and has known you for more than 18 months to fill out. They will need their licence with them in order to fill this out.

AND you need to actually BOOK a damned test. You can't just rock up to the RTA and do it. Heaps of people want to do the test as well you know, and you need to have a booking to make sure you're going to actually do the test on the day you want.

God, children nowadays.

raBOS

HSC
Hi,

so tomorrow i'll bring someone over 18 with full license and fill out the form over there? will that work? or would i have to get the form today

lychnobity

HSC
Hi,

so tomorrow i'll bring someone over 18 with full license and fill out the form over there? will that work? or would i have to get the form today
Yeah, you can fill out the form there, as long as the person with you has their licence and stuff.

On second thoughts, it's better to get the form and BOOKING done today, to make sure you have the appropriate ID requirements.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
AND you need to actually BOOK a damned test. You can't just rock up to the RTA and do it. Heaps of people want to do the test as well you know, and you need to have a booking to make sure you're going to actually do the test on the day you want.

God, children nowadays.
Actually that really does depend on the RTA. When I did my L's test I just went to the RTA with my Mum filled at the forms/provided the correct Id and did the test then and there. Have known a feel people to do the same.

To the OP it really depends how busy the RTA is maybe try ringing them up before you go and ask if you can come in and do it. You should take an adult with you as well to cosign forms/confirm your identity.

TheFeared

HSC
What i did was, brought my birth certificate and a bank statement. My dad was there to prove my identity, which he signed off. Did the test, got my l's

walkahz

HSC
Dont you have anything with your name and adress on it? if you do you dont need someone over 18. You can just rock up but if they are busy you will have to wait.

sassystudy

HSC
I got my Ls about two months ago at Liverpool and I would suggest that you make sure all your documents of ID have your exact same name. They made a big fuss over one of my documents which didn't have my middle name. Also, I had my passport done when I was about 11 and because since then my signature has slightly altered, they even questioned my identity over this little glitch. Having a parent there is probably the best idea.

In regards to the test, do it a couple of times on the RTA website and get to know the questions. You'll be fine!

Hope it helps :)

Woteva636

HSC
i'm on green ps now, ha, that test is so easy its not funny, typical governement fundraising.

anyway, Ls, let me trawl my memory, um, i just took my brith certificate and passport, did the test, paid my 45 or so bucks and buggered off having gotten 45/45. that being said, i had both parents with me, and this was before july 2007, so it may have change since.

i do, however, know that for any RTA computer tests (at least, around here, which isnt sydney) you only have to book if you wnat to do the test on a saturday or after four pm, you should have checked before today, but if you cant do it today at least you can book the test, make sure youve got the money to pay for it though.

btw, dont get disheartened if you spend over an hour waiting, RTA is almost always very busy and understaffed.

sassystudy

HSC
i'm on green ps now, ha, that test is so easy its not funny, typical governement fundraising.

anyway, Ls, let me trawl my memory, um, i just took my brith certificate and passport, did the test, paid my 45 or so bucks and buggered off having gotten 45/45. that being said, i had both parents with me, and this was before july 2007, so it may have change since.

i do, however, know that for any RTA computer tests (at least, around here, which isnt sydney) you only have to book if you wnat to do the test on a saturday or after four pm, you should have checked before today, but if you cant do it today at least you can book the test, make sure youve got the money to pay for it though.

btw, dont get disheartened if you spend over an hour waiting, RTA is almost always very busy and understaffed.
Liverpool RTA gets quite busy on Saturdays. I'd recommend you book your test in advance through the website (you need a credit card to pay for test $36), or go in if you finish school early on a weekday - last booking available is 4pm. If you acquire your licence, it's $20 on top of the test.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
What?

Assuming that you then pay the licence fee etc and get your licence you can start driving straight away??:confused:

Eddykungfu

HSC
The actual L's test itself, is EXACTLY The same format/questions as you get in the practice test online.

Online, they test 45 random qusetion out of possible like 100 (or something). The actual L's test LOOKS ACTLY Like the practice lol, I thought I was actually doing the practice...

Just do heapsand heaps of online prac ones, until you get the names of the questions MEMORISED haha and the answers, if you really don't understand it, read the users handbook.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
What?

Assuming that you then pay the licence fee etc and get your licence you can start driving straight away??:confused:
Indeed, although not recommended to drive from the RTA if you have never handled a car before.

Go to some back road somewhere and practice. The amount of times I've seen a learner floor the accelerator first time out is not funny. Not a good idea to do this from standstill on a main road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)