I'am really worried about my HSC, can someone give me some advice please? (1 Viewer)

jeffreylah

HSC
I've currently gone through my half-yearlies, but i stuffed them up, and some previous assessments up as well...
Maths - 1st Assessment 28% (10% weighting), 2nd 81 .81% (10% weighting), 3rd 51% (25% weighting), 4th 60% (15% weighting)
Chemistry - 1st Assessment 38% (15% weighting), 2nd 82% (15% weighting)
Legal Studies - 1st Assessment 53.33% (10% weighting), 2nd 70% (10% weighting), 3rd 80% (15% weighting)
Modern History - 1st Assessment 52% (15% weighting), 2nd 72% (15% weighting)
Advanced English - 1st Assessment 84% (25% weighting)

Am I like screwed?
Is there a chance i can still get a UAI over 90?
Does my mark in each assessment count, or does just the rank matter?
I would really like to get some advice, and information from someone, cause i've been really concerned...
I've got the motivation now, but the main problem now is that I'am really scared i can't get a good UAI, I'am like worrying everyday~

Last edited:
T

Testpilot

Yes, study, have confidence, enjoy your life. Remember there is still almost 75% of assement still to go

P

pLuvia

Well from now on you have study harder to improve those marks. Can't conclude that you can/cannot get over 90 as maybe your school sets really hard tests or what not. Remember ranks are more important than marks

samantha_s

HSC
Testpilot said:
Yes, study, have confidence, enjoy your life. Remember there is still almost 75% of assement still to go
I agree, also make use of good time management and find something that motivates you.

jeffreylah

HSC
Hey, i've updated some of my marks... Can i possibly get a UAI of 90+?
Like I reakon iam totally screwed..

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Its the ranks that are most important not the marks, so if your ranks are pretty high (say top 10% in grade) then you can get 90+ easy.

Btw what is your school ranked, or was ranked after last years HSC?

HSC
N/A
I'd say that it's a good idea to work your butt off between now and then. If in the event that you don't get above 90, the least you can do is to get as close as you can :) (and who knows, maybe you can get above 90 if you do really really well?)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
yeh work hard, make sure in ur trial that you do fairly well compared to the rest in ur form because the trial's weighting is usually the greatest of all internal assessments. that way you can get ur rank up at least. then for ur external assessment (HSC Exams) make sure that you don't fool around with them and take them seriously.... as everyone else said find some motivation, organise ur time, create a study roster or something and i'm sure u'll do excellently! :D

good luck mate ;)

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
Hey no fret. You should have seen myy marks. All the advice I can give you is, just study hard and what mostly everyone else is saying, find
something that motivates YOU!!!! But don't try yo overload yourself.
I screwed up most of my assessments but everything was alright in the end and I had to make time for hockey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)