• Ive always wanted to play....

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • we aint in canada!!!

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
im a field hockey girl at heart and it does baffle us to see the sorts of things they get away with in ice hockey. but it looks pretty cool, i'd love to give it a go. my softball coach plays - surprise surprise he's canadian! and i might go out and see one of his games, never watched one before except for on tv.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I used to play for Macquarie, on the junior boys team though - coz they didn't have a team for women,

muldersgun

HSC
i'm hoping to get on a team somewhere..anyone got suggestions?

oh man i'm having so much fun i my new skates....i can actually stop!....only to the right though, i stack it if i try on the left.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
is this powersliding you're talking about, muldersgun? Powersliding took me forever to learn.

Try Macquarie - back when i used to play they always seemed to be strapped for players.

m3h_m3h

HSC
sign up for the Icedogs :D that way ur home rink will be the norwest rink which owns over the rest :p

FiReY

Originally posted by m3h_m3h
ffs, sif send all the good sh!t up to erina... wat a dump.
True,
Im not working up at Glaci anymore, but when i was their alot of stuff did go up to Erina... However when i went to visit the Erina rink it was heaps nice...

muldersgun,
glad to hear you got some skates! :) Still trying to convince my dad to let me get some hockey's... he seems to think that having 2 pairs of figure boots will do me? **shrugs**

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
i like watching the NHL (when they actually show it :()... go the vancouver canucks :D

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I LOVE THE CANUCKS! the red wings are pretty good too...
the sedin twins are so cute :)

muldersgun

HSC
OMG i'm a canucks chick too.....canucks rule

i dunno is it called powersliding?....i just scissor, turn to the right then stop by shaving as much ice as possible.

yeah and i'm so playing hockey when i get a car.....cause i don't think norwest is get toable by public transport right?

are there mixed non contact divisions?

m3h_m3h

HSC
the Glaciarium has just closed...

sumfin to do with bankruptcy or sum bullshit like that. dad was tellin me bout it, was in local paper last week.

muldersgun

HSC
yeah i know.....FUCK...i just read it yesterday on the Sydney Bears Site!

How do they randomly just close a 12 million dollar facility that was open for only 3 years? What are they going to do with all the equipment????

I mean, what about the zamboni? Life sucks. There goes my entire dream of playing hockey.

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Ya a follower of the NHL here. Detroit Red Wings to be specific (Nicklas Lidstrom is the #1 player in the world IMO) ;)

Understandably there is pretty much zero coverage of the NHL and Ice Hockey in general here in Oz so its only natural that hockey fans here are a minority. Thank goodness for ESPN! (although its not exactly the best coverage over in USA/Canada) Although today there was coverage of hockey on the major channels for all the wrong reasons with Todd Bertuzzi of the Vancouver Canucks losing it and punching the head from behind of Steve Moore, then driving his face onto the ice... disgusting act, anybody else catch it?

m3h_m3h

HSC
fark, played inline on sunday nite for the first time in 2yrs.
farkin sore all over.
god damn i love the sport tho :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)