ID for enrolment? (1 Viewer)

LightRain

HSC
I was just wondering if you needed to show your birth certificate upon enrollment or anything like that; as I have lost mine and also do not have my drivers lincense yet??

Will be attending UWS.

meoww

HSC
YeAh you deffinatley need some type of photo id. No way you can just walk in there saying you're someone and they'll give you an Id without some sort of proof of identity. You can get a photo id card from the rta which I don't think are too expensive for a last resort.

LightRain

HSC
all i have is a school ID card, but it's not an offical thing like a passport. (have no passport)

Problem is I can't go to the rta to get a photo ID because I need the birth certificate to show; and it takes 6 weeks to receive a new birth certificate.

LightRain

HSC
But yeah my question is do you have to show some sort of "offical" identity upon enrollment (passport or birth certificate etc)

meoww

HSC
You can always go to birth deaths and marriages in the city, you can get a birth certificate printed and given to you on the spot. Although the sooner they give it to you the more expensive it is

meoww

HSC
But call the uni. To my knowledge from what I was told yes, you do. I'm not sure if it's just that they need to check it or they need to photocopy it as proof, so if it's that they just need to see it you might get someone nice that will let you go with an old school id.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Births deaths and marriages, 60 dollars for a birth certificate. You need to go there yourself the next day after ordering it or the day after or whatevs. Yes yu need some sort of ID I used my licence. Have your hs school card on you also just incase. Best to call up uws student central and ask what they require of you and what could be done in a circumstance where you do not have a passport nor birth certificate on you. Hope this helps. All the best.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi, If it is your first time getting a student card, then it does not cost you a cent! However, if you lost your card and you need a replacement, you will need to purchase it via our online internatet payment system: ipay.uws.edu.au. For more information on student cards, please contact Student Central on 1300 668 370 or studentcentral@uws.edu.au. Best regards, UWS Course Info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)