Ideal beauty (1 Viewer)

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Okay- so, in the celebrity media we see size 6 and 8 women prancing around being labelled as 'beautiful'.

Then there is the Australian average of size 16, or a BMI of 26, which is borderline overweight, but mostly considered the norm in some areas.

What do you think is ideal beauty? Thin, curvy, round, tall, short?
Or does it not matter at all?

[of course some factors come into it- age, height, muscle, body shape]

I'll go first:
I think that a size 10-12 for a med-tall girl is ideal; healthy and slim but not thin to extremes and still has a bit of womanly curve.

Just a little social test: What about you?

pigas

HSC
There is no "ideal beauty"; I think this is created by society through media influences. I think as long as you're fit and healthy, and happy about yourself, good!

hayabusaboston

HSC
I believe the following things are major components of physical beauty in a woman:
1. Clear, healthy skin
2. Some lean, toned muscle (Bony chicks are gross, lean muscle like sharapova or steph rice is the best)
3. Proportions of nose, eyes, mouth in relation to chin, forehead and centre of face.
4. Long, silky hair
5. I think elongated, ie asiatic of sorts, eyes are the most attractive, with long eyelashes.
6. Flat chested women are just a turn off, at least SOME decent size is necessary.

Feel free to add anything to my list, or provide arguments against.

pigas

HSC
I believe the following things are major components of physical beauty in a woman:
1. Clear, healthy skin
2. Some lean, toned muscle (Bony chicks are gross, lean muscle like sharapova or steph rice is the best)
3. Proportions of nose, eyes, mouth in relation to chin, forehead and centre of face.
4. Long, silky hair
5. I think elongated, ie asiatic of sorts, eyes are the most attractive, with long eyelashes.
6. Flat chested women are just a turn off, at least SOME decent size is necessary.

Although these are your own ideals - there are some men who, for example, might prefer women with a flat chest/really small breasts. Or some who might like "chubby" legs rather than toned.

Really differs from person to person I guess

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Although these are your own ideals - there are some men who, for example, might prefer women with a flat chest/really small breasts. Or some who might like "chubby" legs rather than toned.

Really differs from person to person I guess
Not many.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
1. Clear, healthy skin
4. Long, silky hair

Eurasian is a lovely, dark featured look. In both males and females.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Healthy (i.e. fit and toned!) and a proportional/symmetrical face
Healthy hair is also a bonus...I find gross/greasy/dead hair unsettling in females and males tbh

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
^^

Totally. I went to the public high school the other day and it totally grossed me out with the boys' super long and greasy hair.

I was like "Wash that monstrosity. And a cut wouldn't do you any harm either."

Guys with long hair shouldn't have it past shoulder and it should be super clean and healthy. Otherwise, just chop it.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
opinions on undercuts on girls?
They're alright, if you can pull them off. A girl has to have really good facial features to be able to do that.
Myself, I think they look better on girls with short hair - but either way, they would be hard work... I mean something like that doesn't grow out overnight.

Spice-Girl-Mel-B-undercut.jpg

I don't really think that this is the best look. She looks half bald.

puremorning

HSC
^^

Totally. I went to the public high school the other day and it totally grossed me out with the boys' super long and greasy hair.

I was like "Wash that monstrosity. And a cut wouldn't do you any harm either."

Guys with long hair shouldn't have it past shoulder and it should be super clean and healthy. Otherwise, just chop it.
Blah blah blah blah :D

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
1. Clear, healthy skin
4. Long, silky hair

Well said. A person called Marzia Prince is one of those good examples of an 'ideal' beauty to me. She has really good characteristics imo.

But girls, don't try to force yourself too much to change.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
They're alright, if you can pull them off. A girl has to have really good facial features to be able to do that.
Myself, I think they look better on girls with short hair - but either way, they would be hard work... I mean something like that doesn't grow out overnight.

View attachment 29218

I don't really think that this is the best look. She looks half bald.
ergh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)