Ideal hours (1 Viewer)

90atarpls

HSC
Just do what works for you, but most people study in 1 hour blocks and take 10 minute breaks.

Does not work for me as i cant do anything for 10 mins, i usually either study for like 2 hours or more, then take a long break...
Or if that doesnt happen i just dont study

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i study for 25 min then 5 min break x however many hours i need to do

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Depends how into it I get...hahaha so sometimes I can do 2 hr blocks with no breaks or 30 minute blocks with heaps of breaks. It really depends.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
The key is to burn them all out...then laugh my way to a 95+ atar
good strategy. i remember trolling my classmates when they say "bro how much u study". i tell them truthfully "i got about 2 hours yesterday" and they're like "nahhhh bro, your top of everything, 5 hours at least". so i just said "yeah...."

hecticated

HSC
For these holidays, I've been studying for 40 minutes and then having a break for 20 minutes (I think this is the most efficient) usually, I go over the 40 minute block cos I get really into it. That's the hardest part of studying, actually starting, once you start and get into it, usually you lose track of time haha. When I do past papers, I do the past paper and then have a half an hour break or play a game of League of Legends :) This is what works best for me lol.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
What's the ideal study hours and breaks for year 12 student?
Thanks
That's really dependent on you. Some things you might want to consider when deciding on this include:

- The times of the day when you are most productive
- When do you prefer to relax and when do you prefer to study
- How much work you have
- Do you work better in large or small chunks

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
3-4 hours on normal days, i.e not leading up to assessments. This covers hwk/study/making notes etc.

Well ideally :p

emilios

HSC
^^

3-4 hours a day has been working pretty fantastically for me, taking a break whenever I'm ceebs (but still maintaining some discipline). However I feel like I should be doing more in the lead up to trials... better start busting out the past papers soon (don't judge, mine are in 5 weeks).

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Ideal hours = 24 hours / number of subjects
Wrong

Ideal hours is relative to how efficient you study. If you are super efficient at maths (because you like it), then you can spend less time on it.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
This is a question with infinite many answers, there are countless factors that prevents anyone from giving you the right answer apart from a purely lucky blind guess, it depends on how motivated you are, your ideal concentration span, how high is your work efficiency, how you study and etc... (put in the amount of effort and hours you think will be adequate to achieve your goals, and fundamental rules would include spend more time on subject you are weaker at and have adequate sleep so you have a good long term memory:))

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
lmao its not the hours that count its you actually getting stuff done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)