Ideas for Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Logix

Do u's think it a good idea if we "copied" a text for Journey on the HSC syllabus. Say if we changed the characters around and the storyline somewhat but kept the same journey, issues etc. In other words, copy everything but tweak it a little. Oh and of course need to shorten it to write in 40 min. :) I have no other ideas, so it was the only thing i could think of

any thoughts?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Logix said:
Do u's think it a good idea if we "copied" a text for Journey on the HSC syllabus. Say if we changed the characters around and the storyline somewhat but kept the same journey, issues etc. In other words, copy everything but tweak it a little. Oh and of course need to shorten it to write in 40 min. :) I have no other ideas, so it was the only thing i could think of

any thoughts?
It's not that hard to watch television for a few hours and then appropriate that storyline. Don't run the risk :p

Logix

how can we prepare characters? do u have an example? i am really bad at this creative writing section, have no imagination :(

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Logix said:
wat kinda tv shows have a journey that we could write?
Watch ABC Kids either in the mornings or the afternoons.

Logix

how do we prepare characters???????

how bout a breakout from jail or something? :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Just watch the damn shows. They're for kids, they always have a journey of sometype and they're good because they usually have some sort of shitty moral message.

Physical, inner or imaginative. Any of them, the thing is that if you're pressed just watch one, get the gist of it and regurgitate it.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Logix said:

any thoughts?

There's a Creative Writing thread stickied at the top of this forum.

It's a bad idea to copy a story, because you're not showing creativity. The idea behind creative writing is that you can show how you can use your understanding of Journeys to compose your own texts, not to show how you can use your understanding of a text to show a Journey.

Logix

ok thx

give me an example ziff! :p I dont have time to watch abc tv, plus they only have it on weekdays, and English AOS is alreayd on monday.

pls :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Logix said:
ok thx

give me an example ziff! :p I dont have time to watch abc tv, plus they only have it on weekdays, and English AOS is alreayd on monday.

pls :)
Today is Friday. You have this afternoon... 3pm - 6pm.

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/TV/static/NSWRegAfternoon.html?

I know that shows like The Adventures of Arthur and so on usually involve some sort of journey of self-discovery or something.

Logix

do we need a moral in our story? and every1 has been saying "put metaphors in ur writing, put imagery". Wat kinda metaphors can u put in to a creative writing?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
"less restrained than Clinton at a cheerleaders convention"

"a sea of troubles"

"drier than Jannette Howard on heat"

There are many you can use :p

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
I don't think it really matters if you copy a story from something. Within reason.
The main idea is to get the ideas of the journey across, integrated into the story.

Logix

how about copying the ideas of a core journeys text but just changing the characters and tweaking the storyline? :p the markers will definately notice it but do u think they will mark it down?

pirate

copied ideas are not an ideal approach as it means that someone has thought about it before. i suggest just spending 10 mins thinking of ideas, which i had done, then jot down all the techniques you use plus examples in relation to your story then write your story incorporating all your ideas. thats what i did, and i have a band 5/6 creative writing response which i can transform into any text type

Logix

its so hard to put techniques in tho.....i could prob write one on the spot, but to put techniques is quite hard for me.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Logix said:
its so hard to put techniques in tho.....i could prob write one on the spot, but to put techniques is quite hard for me.
Think about the techniques in your texts that you have been studying. Use the same ones.

Plus you will probably be using techniques naturally, like similies, metaphors, emotive language, repetition.

pirate

nah it's easy, just go.... this is in relation to my story
alliteration - big black birds circlign the sky
simile - dagger-like beaks
metaphor- the lake is a hypnotist
symbolism - i represented men as demons

it's really really easy, i spent like 25 minutes on this story, straight of the top of my head, planned for 5 minutes and then wrote. so in 30mins my teacher reckons a low A to a A. it just involves some planning

pirate

the area of study paper is the easiest, i'm aiming for at least a 41/45, it's jsut the other one i'm slowing getting used to. but all u have to do is jot down points and work on them. once you read ur story or essay, jot points from them and do it over and over. thats the way i do it anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)