Ideas Required Please! (Engineers, Hobbyists alike)!!! (2 Viewers)

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
you can make a multi-celled battery that can easily go over 9V using HCL (can get at hardware stores) ,magnesium and copper

not sure if they would classify as household objects though

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
The only batteries I know how to make are electrochemical ones. Hence I gave you the standard potentials list lol.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
The only batteries I know how to make are electrochemical ones. Hence I gave you the standard potentials list lol.
Yeah thanks for that but I want to keep it simple whilst somehow making high volts and is easily obtained from like a hardware store/electronics store etc...

Technoash

HSC
I also heard salt water can power as well?
I dunno. :( never did chem. I count myself lucky.

Alternate backup ideas
Maybe you could show off some small solar panels
Create a hand crank for a small motor to turn it into a generator. Power LEDs with this. Maybe create a 'how many leds can you light up' game

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Let's keep the ideas coming people I like this!! Really appreciate it though, I need to get a start on this project hopefully by this weekend with a plan ready and it revolves around the topic of 'Homemade battery'. I've made this experiment before using a variety of soft drinks which linked to my hypothesis of 'All liquids will produce a different reading'... (I know it's simple)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I dunno. :( never did chem. I count myself lucky.

Alternate backup ideas
Maybe you could show off some small solar panels
Create a hand crank for a small motor to turn it into a generator. Power LEDs with this. Maybe create a 'how many leds can you light up' game
Hmm nice idea... Handcrank? Pretty good! How can I make that?

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
you can make a multi-celled battery that can easily go over 9V using HCL (can get at hardware stores) ,magnesium and copper

not sure if they would classify as household objects though
if you dont want to use HCL you can also use bleach which more of a household object

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
he's too busy with his racecar

can you scrap the project and make something better altogether?
Give me ideas, I'll have a crack at it, can you make it around electronics then please?

Technoash

HSC
Let's keep the ideas coming people I like this!! Really appreciate it though, I need to get a start on this project hopefully by this weekend with a plan ready and it revolves around the topic of 'Homemade battery'. I've made this experiment before using a variety of soft drinks which linked to my hypothesis of 'All liquids will produce a different reading'... (I know it's simple)
I never did anything apart from senior science but maybe that hypothesis should be:
Liquids have different amounts of potential chemical energy

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I never did anything apart from senior science but maybe that hypothesis should be:
Liquids have different amounts of potential chemical energy
Yes something like that, I really like your ideas please keep them coming, as square said I guess I don't have to keep the homemade battery option but just go with a new project but I want it to be based around electronics again...

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Bleach produces ~9 Volts?
never tried it out with bleach so im not too sure

but if connect enough cells in series you can get 9V :L (which would be quite tedious)

i know for the HCL/magnesium/copper you can get 11-12V with 4 cells

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)