ideas to implementation essay - transistors on society (1 Viewer)

karatekid72

woot freedom
HSC
hey everyone... ive just been given as essay to do: :pain: hate essays

anyway:

Transistors, microprocessers and microchips have all had an enormous impact on society and the way we communicate. Your task is to write an essay that addresses the following:

What developments in science have lead to the developments of communication technology and computer technology?

gotta adress these dot points:
  1. Identify data sources, gather, process, analyse information and use available evidence to assess the impact of the invention of transistors on society with particular reference to their use in microchips and microprocessors

2. gather process and present secondary information to dicuss how shortcomings in available commmunication technology lead to an increased knowledge of the properties of materials with particular reference to the invention of the transistor.
any help with good sites or books or any other reference would be great... thanks :D

Last edited:

kooltrainer

HSC
this is so gey.. why would you write an essay on a physics topic.. clearly, your schools gey and think they're so good..
no offence..

karatekid72

woot freedom
HSC
wow thanks for the help you're awesome

:hammer:

what school u go to then if yours is soooo much better than mine??

Last edited:

kooltrainer

HSC
james ruse would be.. but i dun go to james ruse..
and .. i was only making my point..
and as for ur question.. its actually a dot point.. u can find loads of information in your textbook about their impacts.. browse through this forum and u'll have more than enough to fill ur essay

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
karatekid72 said:
hey everyone... ive just been given as essay to do: :pain: hate essays

anyway:

Transistors, microprocessers and microchips have all had an enormous impact on society and the way we communicate. Your task is to write an essay that addresses the following:

What developments in science have lead to the developments of communication technology and computer technology?

gotta adress these dot points:
  1. Identify data sources, gather, process, analyse information and use available evidence to assess the impact of the invention of transistors on society with particular reference to their use in microchips and microprocessors
  2. gather process and present secondary information to dicuss how shortcomings in available commmunication technology lead to an increased knowledge of the properties of materials with particular reference to the invention of the transistor.
any help with good sites or books or any other reference would be great... thanks :D
Did you have a look at HSC online? And also make sure you have the DOT POINT HSC PHYSICS book, it gives you guidelines on how to write them and what to mention. If you don't have it, i would gladly list it down for you.

kooltrainer

HSC
sum impacts on top of my head

- allowed more efficient robust computers to be made
- development made transistors more portable because u can fit thousands of resistors, transistors, circuits on one silicon chip.
-Because they're all on one silicon chip, signals travels less distance and thus faster compared to previous models of a transistor
-less wiring, less power needed , less heat therefore less power loss.
-enabled production of microchips that expanded the use of internet (better communication)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)