If u stuff up in HSC exam do u stuff up your mark for the course? (1 Viewer)

qapl

HSC
Is my mark for the studies of religion stuffed because for my school assesment i received a mark of 73.96 which placed me 5/42 as a rank in my school. i know that mark of 73.96 is not the mark u will get as the school assessment mark as that mark is based on your rank and the results your school gets for the HSC exam. In the HSC exam i predict my mark for the test to be between 10-20%. Will the mark i receive overall be the avg of the 5th ranked mark for the hsc and the 10-20% in the test or will they do something else as well to account for the fact I stuffed up in the HSC exam.

qapl

HSC
I calculated the mark myself from the marks i got from tests and the % they count to HSC

doingHSC

HSC
they will take 50% of your 10-20% mark (assuming that's scaled mark) and 50% of ur school assessment moderated mark --so assuming 74% is ur school moderated mark u will get (50% of 74 + 50% of 10-20% hsc scaled mark) /2 since SOR is 1 unit

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
doingHSC said:
they will take 50% of your 10-20% mark (assuming that's scaled mark) and 50% of ur school assessment moderated mark --so assuming 74% is ur school moderated mark u will get (50% of 74 + 50% of 10-20% hsc scaled mark) /2 since SOR is 1 unit

ok say if you get 50 for ur school and 90 for the hsc, they will moderate your mark, to something around 70 or 75

i'm confused some one explain it with out using those fucked up diagrams

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If your aligned hsc exam mark is 90 that will be one half of your total HSC mark. You will then get a moderated school assesment mark which is determined by your rankings, the relative differences between marks and how the rest of your class went. Your total HSC mark will be the average of the aligned hsc exam mark (90 in this case) and whatever is given for your moderated school assesment mark

Unfortunately if you stuff up in the exam I dont think theres much you can do other then hope you get a really good assesment mark (unless you successfully applied for misadventure)

Last edited:

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
acmilan said:
If your aligned hsc exam mark is 90 that will be one half of your total HSC mark. You will then get a moderated school assesment mark which is determined by your rankings, the relative differences between marks and how the rest of your class went. Your total HSC mark will be the average of the aligned hsc exam mark (90 in this case) and whatever is given for your moderated school assesment mark

Unfortunately if you stuff up in the exam I dont think theres much you can do other then hope you get a really good assesment mark (unless you successfully applied for misadventure)
example, i'm coinfused

Captain pi

HSC
Here's an explanation I hope will help.

Suppose you are ranked absolute first after all your assessments.

Now, suppose you go poorly in the actual HSC Examination – suppose you get a 50. And, suppose the top mark in your school for that exam was 90.

Your HSC results will be:

Assessment Mark: 90
Examination Mark: 50
HSC Mark: 70.

So, in answer to your question, no. However, it does have a significant impact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)