If you could change one thing... (1 Viewer)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yeh the construction! omg
its like.. when u walk past the front of the library its sooo packed.. and im taking one step a minute and there are ppl everywhere

errrmmm.... i want there to be stuvac, and yehh... bigger library with more group study rooms

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
yeah but then you would have to walk all the way to the lost property place. And by the time you would get back to the desk either A) someones taken the desk or B) (if you put your belongings there to reserve the desk) some OTHER person has taken your belongings and went on their way to hand it into lost property, thus creating an endless link :p (which would actually be pretty funny :))
Ah, but you see, what you do is just put their crap in your bag until you've finished with the table, and then take it to lost property. If they return during that time, just plead ignorance! :)

...Or if its good stuff, like a fancy pen, keep it ;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i wouldn't be able to concentrate if i thought they were going to come back so it would defeat the purpose of having a table in the library

but.. unless they 'mind' the same table everyday, maybe they wouldn't know exactly which table they were originally using...

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol in "Lee's Asian foodcourt" there was this guy that left his untouched food on his table and walked off... i reckon he was probably gonna come back... and some other guy just took it and put it on the counter.. and got his table. I was like :O

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
Steve had a fantastic idea - we should just take their crap and hand it in at lost property! That would teach them :p
I usually just put it on the floor. I'm intimidating enough to tell someone that it's tough luck without being anything but abused in some Asian language.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I usually just put it on the floor. I'm intimidating enough to tell someone that it's tough luck without being anything but abused in some Asian language.
Haha. Is it just me, or do a lot of your posts refer to the "asian" ethnicity of people you encounter at uni?

If I could change one thing it'd be for everyone to stop bitching about parking. I mean there's more parking at MQ than just about any other uni in Sydney.

Also I'd prefer MQ to be situated in a slightly more vibrant area.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
yeah but then you would have to walk all the way to the lost property place. And by the time you would get back to the desk either A) someones taken the desk or B) (if you put your belongings there to reserve the desk) some OTHER person has taken your belongings and went on their way to hand it into lost property, thus creating an endless link :p (which would actually be pretty funny :))
LOL, that's really funny. I think there must be ppl who did that b4

Skittled said:
Ah, but you see, what you do is just put their crap in your bag until you've finished with the table, and then take it to lost property. If they return during that time, just plead ignorance! :)

...Or if its good stuff, like a fancy pen, keep it ;)
LOL, you are teaching a C---E here :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
GoodToGo said:
Haha. Is it just me, or do a lot of your posts refer to the "asian" ethnicity of people you encounter at uni?

If I could change one thing it'd be for everyone to stop bitching about parking. I mean there's more parking at MQ than just about any other uni in Sydney.

I doubt only asian's do that.
Personally, I walk in, see if there's an empty table, If there is, sit and do work. If not, leave for SAM building (non-peak hour that is)
And I will never leave anything on the table unattended, coz that just make me think I have to go back and get it.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
lol. or you could just push it off the table and when they come back to see their stuff all over the floor, simpy point to the smallest first year and go 'he did it....'

Once i just kept someones stuff on the table and used the table. When the person come over (30 minutes later) she just got it and went away. It would have been interesting if it was someone who wouldnt give it up, because i definitely wasnt in the mood to give the table up either...

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
And I will never leave anything on the table unattended, coz that just make me think I have to go back and get it.
i never leave anything behind, even if its just 5 minutes to go to the toilet, i dont trust anyplace, even if it is full of studious nerds (i can say that because im one of them:)). I might just get a bunch of library books and shove it on the desk if i do need to go, in an attempt to make it look used, but i wouldnt bother trying to reserve it if i was going for longer than 20 minutes..

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
lol. or you could just push it off the table and when they come back to see their stuff all over the floor, simpy point to the smallest first year and go 'he did it....'

Once i just kept someones stuff on the table and used the table. When the person come over (30 minutes later) she just got it and went away. It would have been interesting if it was someone who wouldnt give it up, because i definitely wasnt in the mood to give the table up either...
That's mean to the first years LOL, but how u know who's 1st yr or not? Unless u see wat subjects they studying, but it can also be some 2nd+ studying 100lv course :p

I think it's a good idea, if there's just a piece of crap or a book on the table, I will sit down and move it over to the CORNER. When the person come bak, I will pretend that I thought someone forgot to put it back on the SHELF :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
PwarYuex said:
hmm exactly. Unless its one of those gangster asians :p

GoodToGo said:

parking at syd uni is worse, i agree. Still, it would be awesome if Maq had more parking (technically it does, when you include Macq Centre)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
i never leave anything behind, even if its just 5 minutes to go to the toilet, i dont trust anyplace, even if it is full of studious nerds (i can say that because im one of them:)). I might just get a bunch of library books and shove it on the desk if i do need to go, in an attempt to make it look used, but i wouldnt bother trying to reserve it if i was going for longer than 20 minutes..
Nod Nod :)

PS: Next time I see somebody left 5+ library books on the desk open, I will assume it's u :p
I'll move the books onto the floor. When u come bak, I will say "Hey there, this is your BOS friend Blah blah blah. Thank me for reserving a seat for ya" LOL :p (joking)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I haven't seen any gangsta asian's but i have seen plenty of hotted up cars with asian guys in them - i wouldn't want to piss them off in case they run over me, then again, what's worse - dead boy or dent in car???

I am actually shocked at the amount of white people - they school I came from, it was a rare sight.

Still, before anyone attacks, i am not racist and my best friends ae asian so - all good here :D

Although, this goes for any race, I don't like walking through the cafe, and having you blow smoke in my face AHHH!!!

So yeah - put all the smoking people in the atrium or something

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
haha, statistically, it's gotta happen. :p

supra said:
hmm exactly. Unless its one of those gangster asians
I don't think I've ever been bothered by a east-Asian gangster.

Smokers bother me, too.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
LOL, yes SMOKING! They definitely need to have SIGNS saying Smoking Zone!!!
I will just wave my hand to get rid off the smell, normally infront of those PPL!!! This is a sign of warning!! LOL

Tabris

HSC
From what i have seen, some of the foreign asian students are absolutely deplorable.

Nearly all the people i see sleeping in the library are asian, i have seen some of them dropping their books and coming 2 hrs later and pick them up and leave.

Alot of them spit quite alot, there was this tiny asian guy smoking and walking outside X5B, spitting here and there and throwing his ciggie ashes on the ground and there are those who jsut throw the cig buts on the ground and squashing them.

They are also quite greedy on the computers, I went to the library to do my quizzes and some webct stuff and this asian guy was visiting some asian website, while some people stand there waiting for the computer! There are others which just sit there constantly downloading stuff onto their USB, while browsing some completely irrelevant website.

I dont care who u are, but at least conform to some of our most basic manners and values.

Its currently week 3, but the situation in the library will get worse as the exams and assessments creep up.

Heres a tip for your first yr fellas:

If u want a seat and everything seems to be occupied, walk around the library, if u see a good spot with a good view, ask the person sitting next to the table to see how long its been vacant, if its more than 20 min, u have he right to take their stuff and place it on the ground and take the table. The rules are plain and simple and everyone know what they mean, if some fobby asian dont, then they shouldnt be at Macq.

Edit: If ur a fashion critic, ur gonna have a field day with the way some asians dress

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
I do agree SOME of the *Asians* do do that...and Yes, no one likes it that way.
But i certainly don't know bout this 20min rule thing :p
How they dress, who cares. Even they come in their PJs, it's their problem LOL

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
I dont understand why people would sleep in the library with their head on the hard desks, in an extremely not good for your back/neck position on uncomfortable chairs when there is so much beautiful grass outside in the fresh air.

Also, i leave stuff on the table if i am going to the toilet or if i'm looking for books. When i research i always go through heaps of books and there is no way that i am walking around carrying them all.

Parking is a bitch, but i cant bring myself to complain about it too much because we are majorly fortunate in comparison to some other unis.

I'd change the time the food court closes on a friday. 3pm is way too early!
Also, do something about the w5c/w5a classrooms. They are way too small with way too many desks, 1 or 2 windows and no air con. Its ridiculous. By far the worst rooms at the uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)