if YOU/GF WERE PREGNANT RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? (1 Viewer)

IF YOU OR YOUR PARTNER WERE PREGNANT WHAT WOULD YOU DO

• Abort

Votes: 75 50.0%
  • Keep him/her

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • Hide under a table and hope everything will be okay

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I'd be lost and confused

Votes: 23 15.3%

• Total voters

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
he is 50% my responsibility
i've observed that when we're 50% responsible for something, say for example a group assignment, we usually end up passing the buck :D

sex_bomb_410

lukebennett said:
i personally would want to keep the baby. i think you should take responsibility in this case. its not the babies fault that they exist so they should be aloud to live.
Yes it is!!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I would abort asap...I believe that it isn't a human being until it has grown to the stage where you are NOT allowed to abort. Therefore, I'd abort and wouldn't feel as though I'm killing a human being. Plus, why should I bring a child into the world that I don't want? Sure I'd love him/her but it's not the right time for me.

and the wog community would shun me to hell :p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You're allowed to abort up untill birth,
The wog community seems to be fairly anti-abortion, at least the traditional wog families.

It's your mistake you should feel at least a little guilt...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Why would it be a mistake, not-that-bright?

It would be her choice (I would not be the one faced with an accident that may well force me to sacrifice the greater part of my life). It isn't as though it would be something that was planned. I'd be there throughout, though, no matter the decision. Leaving the country may seem like a great idea, but I'm not that heartless.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I mean you should feel some guilt for what she was referring to as a 'mistake' her unborn child. Just as you should feel guilt for accidently hitting someone while u're driving ur car, you obviously didn't plan it but since it did happen you should feel guilt.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
In a civilised society we don't have the 'choice' to kill an innocent person.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I think that if you don't want to get pregnant and are having unprotected sex then u shuddnt abort. I also think that if there is no reason to abort then you should not... simply saying "I dont want to be pregnant, I dont want children but I'm happily married, would be able to support the child financially and bring it up in a safe environment." Is not a legitimate reason.. but thats my opinion... and whoever thinks different is entitled to it. I'm not gonna bring you down over it...
Its a bit selfish.. waste of a life just cos u dont want it...

However, If there are reasons, then there are reasons... Myself... If I were to get pregnant at the moment I'd have to abort for many reasons.

1- I have a spinal problem and wouldnt be able to support the baby

2- I wouldn't be able to support the baby financially

3- I have depression, so I'm not mentally fit at the moment to be taking care of a baby

In the future if I were pregnant and my depression had passed (which it will as I am improving all the time) and I could financially support the child, I still wouldnt be able to support it with my back problem. I mean.... the baby would be fine.. but I'd prolly be crippled for a long time and be in agony... (heck I'm not even preggers and I become crippled with it sometimes and cant move... and the pain is excrusiating (spelling).) .. which would also affect the kid cos I wouldnt be able to take care of it.

I have heard that some mothers are aborting after being 5 months pregnant. I think thats wrong... why abort it and waste a life... a 5 month old baby can still be given birth to... my friend was and she turned out perfectly fine. If you dont want it.. give it up for adoption there are plenty of people out there who cant have kids and would love to one day adopt.

And from Not-That-Brights comments.. Of course I'd feel guilty.. It would really hurt me emotionally to do it... but Its something that would have to be done.

So a yes and no for abortion... If I were, yes I would but because there are reasons not because Im young and decided to have unprotected or even protected sex.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
that's cool, i'd totally agree with ur decision flipsyde, i jus dun like the way people are trying to distance themselves from the living creature inside themselves, almost comparing it to nothing more than shit untill it is born.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
..... i jus dun like the way people are trying to distance themselves from the living creature inside themselves, almost comparing it to nothing more than shit untill it is born.

Agreed :)

grrr 10 characters or more !!!!

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont understand the financial reason for abortion. Despite getting various gov. assistance (baby bonus etc) you would never starve to death from hunger due to the child. I can't accept that someone would end a life because it may dent their standard of living.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes it is hard to accept.... girls who are getting spray-on-tan and driving around in brand new cars are complaining that they cannot afford a baby even with the great government assistance, while mothers could handle it during the great depression..

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Prolly not... but circumastances have changed, like technology etc as well so I dunno there may be ways of coping... but geneerally no I dont think we could.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think that everybody here would deal with that particular situation differently. Personally, I'd marry the girl, then raise the kid the best way I could. Besides, some of us are better attuned to becoming parents than others, and I think I'd make a good father, but there are people who I know wouldn't make good parents.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Iron woman said:
I dont understand the financial reason for abortion. Despite getting various gov. assistance (baby bonus etc) you would never starve to death from hunger due to the child. I can't accept that someone would end a life because it may dent their standard of living.
i agree whole heartedly

Generator

HSC
N/A
What about the child's own quality of life? besides, it isn't as though a kid only results in a financial 'dent' for the woman.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i guess it depends on your priorities. the life of a child over money whether you are struggling or not. some people struggling or not could not handle the thought of killing the baby

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's a little presumptious to assume that because you're havin a shit life at the time of conception that the baby will have a shit life...oprah is a good example, born to a hooker now one of the richest women in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)