Im doing yr 11 and yr 12 in one year for my HSC and.. (1 Viewer)

golfpro

HSC
N/A
Im finding it tough, i already did my hsc in 2006 but did really bad because of a few things i wont say, but anyway im redoing it now to get a good mark and get into uni.

But im finding some of the PRELIMINARY work really hard (subjects i havent done before) , ie physics, ext 2 maths, only because im doing it via home study so i got no teacher to help me with any questions.

But generally i hear people say that they found yr 11 alot harder than year 12 because in yr 11 you know nothing but the yr 12 course is based on the presumed knowledge of yr 11, so people find it easier in yr 12.

Would anyone like to agree disagree with that statement?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I found it just a small step harder in year 12, except for English. In year 12, the pace just gets faster. That's all.

Goodluck golfpro. Happy Easter.

Legham

HSC
There is no ext 2 maths in preliminary course..

And no, i think year 12 is harder.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
Sparcod said:
I found it just a small step harder in year 12, except for English. In year 12, the pace just gets faster. That's all.

Goodluck golfpro. Happy Easter.
cheers mate u too.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
Legham said:
There is no ext 2 maths in preliminary course..

And no, i think year 12 is harder.
yeah i know that, duh. its still done in one year, they teach you alot of the fundamentals of ext 1 so u know how to do the ext 2.

like they teach u the stuff so u can understand the ext 2 before u get into the ext 2 work.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
But generally i hear people say that they found yr 11 alot harder than year 12 because in yr 11 you know nothing but the yr 12 course is based on the presumed knowledge of yr 11, so people find it easier in yr 12.
For certain topics/subjects yes because you've already settled into the "thinking mentality/rhythm" for that subjects and you sort of know what to expect and how to go about answering the questions or understanding the topics. However the pace really does accelerate and some HSC topics are just totally mind-boggling at times! :)

Good luck golfpro, all the best!! :):)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I don't think that Year 12 is really any harder than Year 11, just that there is more stress involved because it's your final year. There probably really isn't much difference in the level of work for between them! I can't really compare the two though cos I missed heaps of yr 11 and didn't really learn much or the work so what i say probably doesn't mean much lol. :p

It takes a lot to do year 12 for more than a year, so lots and lots of luck! You'll be sooo glad when it's all over :)

forevaunited

HSC
watatank said:
Year 11 -> Year 12 is a harder step than Year 10 -> Year 11
Strongly disagree. Although year 12 is a time where things gets 'serious', and there is probably more stress involved, it is no more workload than you receive in year 11. They have to fit the preliminary course into 3 terms, meaning that you have assessments literally every 7 weeks or so.

However year 10 to 11 was friken ridiculous. Probably because our whole year totally bludged around in Year 10 because no1 cares about the school certificate, but as soon as we hit year 11 we were like 'whooaaa'.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
forevaunited said:
Strongly disagree. Although year 12 is a time where things gets 'serious', and there is probably more stress involved, it is no more workload than you receive in year 11. They have to fit the preliminary course into 3 terms, meaning that you have assessments literally every 7 weeks or so.

However year 10 to 11 was friken ridiculous. Probably because our whole year totally bludged around in Year 10 because no1 cares about the school certificate, but as soon as we hit year 11 we were like 'whooaaa'.
i agree with u

beentherdunthat

HSC
forevaunited said:

LMFAO ... I TOTALLY agree with you as well. lol. Hey I've done prelim and hsc in one year... believe me at my school everything is done within one week. We do it sooo fast it is unbelievable. I mean, we finished the 3unit maths course in a few weeks no jokes lol. We're just revising now.

To tell you the truth, I think preliminary is just a lead on to HSC. I never stressed too much about it, just made sure I got over 50 for it. lol. When things get to HSC, Just follow the dot points and make notes according to them. It's really simple. With maths however, you're lucky Ext.2 doesn't have preliminary... How are you finding it? Maybe you should consider tutoring. It might really boost your performance.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
LMFAO ... I TOTALLY agree with you as well. lol. Hey I've done prelim and hsc in one year... believe me at my school everything is done within one week. We do it sooo fast it is unbelievable. I mean, we finished the 3unit maths course in a few weeks no jokes lol. We're just revising now.
Same here, two years in a row.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
holy cow.

we've only done 2 topics of the 2u maths course. out of what, like 8?!

beentherdunthat

HSC
Somewhherrrreeee Overrrr thhee Rainbooowwwwwwwww.........

THERE'S NO HSC!!! LOL

*Snaps back to reality* OMFG...HOW LONG IS THIS RAINBOW!!!!

HSC
-pari- said:
holy cow.

we've only done 2 topics of the 2u maths course. out of what, like 8?!
Try not to worry too much, many of those topics you will tackle in less than a week and even that will be enough time to learn the content in.

beentherdunthat

HSC
watatank said:
Try not to worry too much, many of those topics you will tackle in less than a week and even that will be enough time to learn the content in.
Ermmm... Isn't that a bit slow nonetheless?... Maybe she should ask her teacher to go a bit faster so they have enough time for practise before the trials...

LMFAO @ you're signature. It's hilarious LOL

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Ermmm... Isn't that a bit slow nonetheless?... Maybe she should ask her teacher to go a bit faster so they have enough time for practise before the trials...

LMFAO @ you're signature. It's hilarious LOL
Hahahaha it's not half as funny as the thread it came from...

Much depends on what the topics they did. Because things like integration and differentiation take a while to do as its the biggest topic, and then you have a couple of topics later on that is basically applied integration which can be done easily as everyone has already done the topic, in less than a week.

Most don't finish the WHOLE course before the trials. If they don't they just take out the related question out. Or even if you don't finish the course there's plenty of time between the trials and HSC. We had a few topics we were never tested on, but we finished the whole course with many weeks to spare.

The most important thing is that you finish the content with plenty of time to spare before the real thing.

EDIT: Ok, it may be a bit slow, but i'm trying to put things into perspective.

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol, I guess some people don't have a choice anyway. Just going with the flow would possibly be the best thing right now. And then practise like crazy in the end. Sounds tough, but it's year 12 we can't expect anything less.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
thanks watatank ;)

i'm trying to go at my own pace - getting some topics out of the way this holidays, etc.

coz according to school's plan we'll still have one or two topics left to do after the trials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)