I'm done. (1 Viewer)

Tredanse

HSC
7800 words, or about 31 printed pages of double-spaced size-12 Arial. My reflection statement is slightly over 1500 words (by about 20 or so) and I really pray that I dont get penalised for that.

My story is called "Messages", and it's about memory, voices, conversations, the subconscious, trust, spirituality, hope, discovery, obsession and second chances.

More tellingly (yet nearly as vague) it's about a man, an angel and an answering machine.

I had some dramas with my computer, which was threatening to destroy itself before I could finish writing. But I won the battle and got my story completed, proof-read and printed.

Anyone else done?

Tredanse

HSC
Oh yeah. And I also have one image in my story... well, it's not an image as such. It's made up of words. But presented in a visual manner. It's hard to explain. Think of words melting.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Tredanse said:
7800 words, or about 31 printed pages of double-spaced size-12 Arial. My reflection statement is slightly over 1500 words (by about 20 or so) and I really pray that I dont get penalised for that.

My story is called "Messages", and it's about memory, voices, conversations, the subconscious, trust, spirituality, hope, discovery, obsession and second chances.

More tellingly (yet nearly as vague) it's about a man, an angel and an answering machine.

I had some dramas with my computer, which was threatening to destroy itself before I could finish writing. But I won the battle and got my story completed, proof-read and printed.

Anyone else done?
oh, die you. My play is only 7mins long so far.

Tredanse

HSC
*dies as requested* o o

*smiles* Perhaps leaving it a bit late.

Actually, when is the due date? It's sometime this month, but our teacher wants us (there's six in our class) to have everything done by tomorrow, just in case.

One of my classmates hasn't started hers yet. She's going to do an 8000 word story and 1500 word Reflection in one night. o o

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Hmmmmmmm...

This is a notice to inform anyone who posts on this thread, publically informing us that they have finished their major work...will die.

In addition,
Any who have also finished their reflection statement, will also receive a free dickslap. *Ka-but'd (pssst, thats the sound of dickslapping... trust me.)

J

jhakka

I've tried to start my Reflection Statement about three times, with no luck. It's hard to get into. :(

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
yeah im finished too - 7731 words and just starting off my reflection statement....

you cant get penalised by only 20 words can you? they cant tell that surely?

mines called Smálaithe - which is gaelic for "stained"

its about the psychology of sectarinism in northern ireland in 1922 and the consquences of British action........
so glad its finished

persephone

HSC
i'm still in the drafting process. we're doing trials at the moment so i can't get my teacher to check and give feedback on my major work. it's finished but needs refinement. I don't think i'll get my reflection statement done until hey by 5 am the morning it's due. BTW when's it due?

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
I'm not done, I hate you all. I also am going to attempt that mammoth effort of about 3000 or 5000 words in oh, a week or so.
KILL ME NOW...

Shamburger

HSC
I've done four drafts and as far as I was concerned, I was finished - I was happy with it and all my friends say it looks great - but my teacher wants me to do another two drafts before I hand it in :p I'm about half way through my reflection statement, but I've got it all planned out, so I can kill it off whenever I've got a few spare hours.

I don't know if you can get penalised for 20 words, but there could be something in the criteria abut it. If I was you, I'd work through the piece tightening up the syntax until it fit, either that or I'd just lie about the wordcount - I don't think the markers would count ever single word in the piece, but then again, you can never know exactly how psychotic english teachers are

And I'm almost positively sure it's due on the 25th

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
omg! lol, I've done 6300 words'ish, but not happy with one story. Haven't been happy with it since term 1.

-.-"

STILL haven't edited it. gah, soon, i'll write another one. very soon. =P

And i've done one page of reflection statement. Its hard, innit? I can't make it sophisticated enough.
Cause my major work isn't all that sophisticated. Its very traditional. :-(

AlanaShaped

I'm sort of done... still in the final editing stages. Reflection statement is miniscule, and I truly don't understand how (from looking at past RS') it can be considered "creative".

My story is 6,572 words long. I hate you all.

HSC
N/A
jhakka, you're funny! lol lol lol

I've finished my major work (7 489 words), and my third draft of reflection statement (1 121 without conclusion).

It's weird though... I know i still have to tack on a nice conclusion and maybe shove in a few more 'research thingos' into reflection statement but my story is just hmm... It's like, finished, but it just feels wrong to finish it? I felt the same way about my textiles major work... you spend like, 8 months stressing over something, then it becomes a comfort blanket... scary...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)