im failing physics (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
i just found out im failing physics and i need advice! whats the most efficient way of studying?

iamso lost

HSC
N/A
well danger.

first of all get a copy of the syllubus- for the three core topics and ur option topic

currently on the market there are 3 good hsc text books one is jacaranda, other spotlight and then physics context2
ask ur teacher which she/ he prefers but my school used jacaranda because it was very close to the syllubus.

now for each dot point in the syllubus - in the learn to column u can read that part in the text book - understand it and make meaningful, consise yet rich summaries. - this can be your first step

once u are familiar with the subject knowledge, u need to be able to ans the hsc style questions- which are not just regurgitating the info u have leared but using it to ans a specific question

for this u need to know waht the question verbs mean - u can ask ur teacher to give u a list

and i recommed u either buy or borrow the hsc question book
and practice ans the questions.

if u have questions at all please feel free to ask

cheers- u still have time no hope is lost.

Sukey

HSC
er, spotlight is okay, but not so good as the others. I use Physics Contexts because my tutor was a writer, so he knows what's going on. I can understand it better - though Jacaranda has better colours so attractive during study!

You should get 2 textbooks so you can cross reference - I use Contexts and Jacaranda as a reference.

Practice papers are REALLY important! I didn't do any for my half yearlies and I nearly failed (and that's saying something because I topped Prelims). Success One books are great, but they are a bit expensive and you can't really resell them.

I agree with the verbs for the questions. Your teacher should have given you a scaffold at the beginning of year 11. You can probably get it on the net. It's developed for a guy named Jeff Sewell from BOS.

Do you understand Physics? It's a subject that you really need to understand what is going on. I also suggest research additional points to wow examiners, though most of the time, you don't really have time to.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
It doesnt matter what textbook you use, they concept is still the same. The key in physics is understand the concept. MAKE SURE YOU ASK YOUR TEACHER IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. Dont hold back questions. Pay attention when you answer question, e.g watch what units are on the x and y axis when answering questions.

Hallatia

HSC
I don't understand fizzix, well I understand some parts of it, but others I cannot cope with, my teacher is now working on ways to ensure that I can pass, before she thought that I was band 5/6 for sure, it probably won't count toward my UAI but I want to atleast pass it anyway

Wyvern02

HSC
maybe the problem is not the way you study it but the way how you feel it. in order to learn "something" you need to have an interest in that "something".

try to love the subject i quess.

Hallatia

HSC
Wyvern02 said:
maybe the problem is not the way you study it but the way how you feel it. in order to learn "something" you need to have an interest in that "something".

try to love the subject i quess.
that is so wrong, because I not just say I love physics, but I actually do, I really enjoy it most of the time, yet this year I started to seriously struggle with it, I even put a lot of effort into it I just continue to struggle with it though, some of the concepts are just really lost on me. I find that the way I learn is by being able to discuss and refute things, but physics often refutes itself, it is hard enough having to learn one thing without having to learn how it is wrong yet we still need to know and use it

Hallatia

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Practice, practice, and practice!
Well that's a good start. :rolleyes: :p
funny, fizzix = physics, the way I see it is that physics is for smart people and my marks in the subject suggest otherwise lol, I am a smart english person, that I can spell correctly lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)