I'm in year 9 atm and I was thinking of retaking the selective test, is it possible? (1 Viewer)

michaeladz

HSC
N/A
I didn't pass the selective test the first time which were a great disappointment to my parents, what makes it worst is that my parents are asian. Many would know that the expectations of an asian parent are very high, considering that I am the first born child I should be leading as an intelligent role model my younger siblings. If there is an opportunity for me to re-take the selective test again, please leave a comment. Thanks :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: I'm in year 9 atm and I was thinking of retaking the selective test, is it possib

I didn't pass the selective test the first time which were a great disappointment to my parents, what makes it worst is that my parents are asian. Many would know that the expectations of an asian parent are very high, considering that I am the first born child I should be leading as an intelligent role model my younger siblings. If there is an opportunity for me to re-take the selective test again, please leave a comment. Thanks :)
What selective school?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: I'm in year 9 atm and I was thinking of retaking the selective test, is it possib

Umm i think you can apply to selective schools; send them your school report or something?

If you're currently attending a private school and are in financial woes then it could be extra advantageous in that selective schools dont carry expensive fees

personally though, if you've settled in, made friends and are performing quite well i don't think you need to change to selective schools. However, the study environment would be a lot better i guess

which selective school?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

You can reapply, via an application near half way through the year. Visit the school's website you want to apply for and it will have the details of enrolment and what they are looking for in all applicants. I would highly recommend applying in year 9 and 10, as you can apply for more than one school. Good luck. :)

Just another note, make sure they have the subjects you want to do in Year 11 and 12.

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Somehow i dont believe Asains can fail tests

But anyway you can reapply like term2-3

plshelp

HSC

Somehow i dont believe Asains can fail tests

^agreed

selective schools always have a like 20 more spots open in yr 11 so if you work really hard and get top in ur subjects at school then apply for a selective school in yr 11 then you might be able to get in. Otherwise just apply every year but note that you have to pay everytime u apply...

michaeladz

HSC
N/A

You can reapply, via an application near half way through the year. Visit the school's website you want to apply for and it will have the details of enrolment and what they are looking for in all applicants. I would highly recommend applying in year 9 and 10, as you can apply for more than one school. Good luck. :)

Just another note, make sure they have the subjects you want to do in Year 11 and 12.
can you please link me to the website? thank you :D

michaeladz

HSC
N/A

What selective school?
any school with good education would do. I am attending Patrician Brothers' College atm.

HSC
Uni Grad

ladz

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

I better run you through the process quickly.

School's usually post their application of enrolment on their website near June time so be sure to check that. To apply for a selective school in Year 9-10, you will most likely need to sit for an exam, the exam varies dependent on what school you are applying for, some entry exams are the same. There is another application form which is green and can be obtained by visiting a selective school from memory.

Tips:

Stay calm

Make sure you have a good report

Put in some effort throughout the year

Help the community

Participate in sports

Be an active citizen at your school (eg. Joining SRC)

Think about the implications of applying (eg. Location, convenience)

You can apply for more than one school. The fee will vary, it is usually around $85, which you can apply for up to 4 schools sitting the same exam to get in.

Last edited:

michaeladz

HSC
N/A

how much do I have to pay?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

It varies for different selective schools, usually 50-85 dollars.

michaeladz

HSC
N/A

I better run you through the process quickly.

School's usually post their application of enrolment on their website near June time so be sure to check that. To apply for a selective school in Year 9-10, you will most likely need to sit for an exam, the exam varies dependent on what school you are applying for, some entry exams are the same. There is another application form which is green and can be obtained by visiting a selective school from memory.

Tips:

Stay calm

Make sure you have a good report

Put in some effort throughout the year

Help the community

Participate in sports

Be an active citizen at your school (eg. Joining SRC)

Think about the implications of applying (eg. Location, convenience)
HAHA alright ty for the tips. So the test starts in June.. I just started at my new school patrician brothers this year, so there isn't going to much about me on their database. Should I give them last years reports also? and btw do you have to pay?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

how much do I have to pay?
Make sure you discuss this with your parents THOROUGHLY, Patrician Brothers is a decent school. Not all selective schools are great.

michaeladz

HSC
N/A

Aww srs.. thats expensive. LOL. things you do for education haha

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

HAHA alright ty for the tips. So the test starts in June.. I just started at my new school patrician brothers this year, so there isn't going to much about me on their database. Should I give them last years reports also? and btw do you have to pay?
Do some research on your school first, they ask you for your 2 most recent reports usually, so do well in school.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Aww srs.. thats expensive. LOL. things you do for education haha
Years 9-10 are the best years to apply.

michaeladz

HSC
N/A

alright tyvm. your a good guy, how do I boost your rep up?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Please do research, last thing you want is going to a selective school that will bring you unhappiness. Constantly check their website.

Click the star on the left corner of my chat box and click Approve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)