I'm Screwed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TangzBasher

Anyone else picked up their major work after a week or so of not working it and going "WTF have I written, I'm a stupid idiot whos gonna fail".

Then you get the urge to change what your doing.

Despite this I still get positive comments about my work.

Anyone else going slightly insane from the pressure here :p

clerisy

HSC
Yep. That's me. I like to avoid thinking about extension 2 because i love the start and end of my short story, but am thoroughly aghast with the middle. I keep rewriting it, am content, and then look back and am horrified. It's because I get so emerged in my major work-- I adore my characters so much-- that sometimes I drown within it, and its hard to look at it objectively.

1 month left!

J

jhakka

My first idea was stupid and I changed it. Actually I stopped and then whined for a month that I didn't know what to do.

Anyways, when I finished my first draft of my second idea I loved it and everyone who read it liked it. I just went through and fixed up everything that I and others who proofread it thought needed changing. So I'm happy. No pressure as far as my work goes.

But the reflection statement... :(

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
yeah the reflection statement is a bit dodgy and a cause for concern. And I need to write like three more poems :S but I just cant seem to sustain any after ive begun them. Gah!

J

jhakka

Start one off with

"As I stare at the light
Filtering through the leaves
Only to cascade over my face

I ponder the meaninglessness
Of my life.
Woe.
Woe is me.

I take my razor
..."

The rest is up to you. :D

zerzillia

well, i've never had a tendency to change my plot/characters but i look at my writing and think "gosh, this is so crap!"

argh.
i always write drafts the night before they're due so i don't look too bad infront of my teacher and class mates. :p lol.

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
The whole English dept wants my head on a plate because i've changed my concept soooo many times....

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
12 hours until mine is due...
I think i need to start

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
12 hours??? mine is due next wednesday... or at least it had better be due next wednesday otherwise i'm totally screwed cos i've only half finished it! ah crap... maybe i'd better check that... especially since i also haven't written in my journal for the last couple of months...

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
lucky, lol
mine's due tomorrow
8 hours left :O
i've only half finished

liddy

tomorrows_angel said:
12 hours??? mine is due next wednesday... or at least it had better be due next wednesday otherwise i'm totally screwed cos i've only half finished it! ah crap... maybe i'd better check that... especially since i also haven't written in my journal for the last couple of months...
amen to that! ive done 1.5 out of my 3 stories....hmmm. wednesday shall be a happy happy day

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
hmmm i have to hand in a draft to my teacher tomorrow to proof read it.... except i've still only done half of it. My trials only finished today. I don't think i'm going to get it done.... and if i don't hand it in tomorrow, im not going to be at school till the day it's actually due so i'll be handing in something no one has read or approved or whatever. That's not good.

Danger Rose

Oh no!! Good luck to everyone who had the deadlines... hope they got in ok. I'm mostly worried about the reflection satement and I'm getting freaked out too cos some ppl sound like they did a hell of a lotta research... mine's only tiny.... argh!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
well i still have to do half of mine this weekend and catch up on 3 months of journal entries. So it's going to be a very tight deadline... i've done my reflection statement though, we do that instead of a report so it's been marked. I got 17 out of 20, so i just added in a few lines where they said i needed them and i'm hoping it's all ok then. otherwise i'm going to have a lot more work to do. i'm sort of getting to the stage where it's like "ah i don't give a damn about this anymore." but there's only a couple of days left, so i'm also getting stressed...

Danger Rose

If it makes u feel better, ur not the only one getting stressed! August has come waaaaaay too quickly for my liking, I have to finish my mw for art as well, which is due on mon week. Damn trials taking up so much time! Well, good luck with urs, angel... don't forget to sleep!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i just have to do the second half.. it shouldnt be that hard, right? hmm maybe not... reflection statement is done. journal is going to be a bitch to catch up on. i don't want to have to do that...
thanks danger rose. Good luck with your art and 4 unit too! can't wait till it's all over!

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
well that makes me feel better! - I have to have mined finished by mon - so my "mentor" can look at it before i have to hand it in on wed!!

and i ALSO have my...BOW=art, Drama gp+ip and photography mw....and s+c assess and.....

(i feel so sorry for ppl who have their trials around now.............poor..........poor things)

Danger Rose

Yep yep, it'll be such a relief!! Just keep working at it and u'll get there, can only do one thing at a time...

Danger Rose

Fire_Hydra said:
well that makes me feel better! - I have to have mined finished by mon - so my "mentor" can look at it before i have to hand it in on wed!!

and i ALSO have my...BOW=art, Drama gp+ip and photography mw....and s+c assess and.....

(i feel so sorry for ppl who have their trials around now.............poor..........poor things)
geez, u poor person, having soooo much to do... and i thought i had lots. best wishes with it all!!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Fire_Hydra said:

wow you have it so much worse. I feel sorry for you. my best friend has 3 major works and drama this week. She's not in the best of moods right now. I think i'll avoid her till it's over lol. nah, she knows i'm there... but she goes to a diff school so i don't talk to her that often anyway!

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)