Im So Depressed!! (1 Viewer)

dee777

HSC
I've been reading that some ppl are worried they wont get a UAI of 90+ when their marks are in the 80's!!!...this just makes me wana jump off a cliff
I kinda just kinda fucked up my half-yearlies...
my assessment marks so far are...
77% for physics, rank:5/12,
68% for chemistry, rank:5/8,
78% for adv. english, rank:8/50
81% for adv. maths rank: 5/50
55% for extension maths, rank:8/10
87% for engineering, rank:2/20
I'm aiming for 90+UAI because i really want to get into pharmacy or medical science. now please tell me people DO I HAVE HOPE!?? do i really have to get 90's in my trials to make up for it and if so how the hell am i gona do that! someone plzz help me...year 12 is doing my head in. :bomb:
i feel so hopeless :(....

HSC
dee777 said:
I've been reading that some ppl are worried they wont get a UAI of 90+ when their marks are in the 80's!!!...this just makes me wana jump off a cliff
I'm aiming for 90+UAI because i really want to get into pharmacy or medical science. now please tell me people DO I HAVE HOPE!?? do i really have to get 90's in my trials to make up for it and if so how the hell am i gona do that! someone plzz help me...year 12 is doing my head in. :bomb:
Even if this year doesnt go as planned, it isnt the end of the world. You can repeat yr 12 in tafe i believe or, repeat yr 11 and 12 now! One of my mates has done that

dee777

HSC
repeating year 12 is not an option

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
try and reach for better ranks
depends on alot of things...

read up on existing threads about this topic?

HSC
dee777 said:
repeating year 12 is not an option
kay then. suck it in and move on, life is not worth being depressed about. the hsc is only one of the many stressful things to come. take it as a learning experience and dont let your marks start slipping away.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Remember that none of year 11 counts. Though by looking at your year 11 marks, it gives a good indication of your direction in year 12. If you want to get into pharmacy, you'll have to work very hard to get UAI of around 94, plus the STAT test (google it).

I dare say, however, that you have a very little chance of getting into medicine. No offence intended.

runnable

HSC
Westfields Sports High Ranked 339 last year with 49 Credits.

Looking at you ranks. You need to improve to get 90. Ask your teachers how many people or percentage of the cohort of that subject got over 80/90 last year. Might be a good indication.

HSC
minijumbuk said:
Remember that none of year 11 counts. Though by looking at your year 11 marks, it gives a good indication of your direction in year 12. If you want to get into pharmacy, you'll have to work very hard to get UAI of around 94, plus the STAT test (google it).

I dare say, however, that you have a very little chance of getting into medicine. No offence intended.
You do realise she is in year 12, right?

RiiSSa

HSC
The Only person that could help u accomplish your dreams are god!. the thing that u need to do is have faith in urself! if u want to get into uni for pharmacy, u gotta work and push ur self forward!. if u are angry and disapointed at ur previous marks u have to work harder! making sure that u fight for the marks u want!.

i personally think that u have good marks . ur still young!. Dont think to hard abt ur future accept wat u get!!. :D:D

HOpe my reply put thoughts in u!. kk Bye

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
dee777 said:
Step up your game in Chemistry and keep all your marks consistent through to the very burning end and you can finally reach your goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you really want the results that bad, stop whining about it and study harder already! it can be done!

If your having trouble this always motivates me:
"As a final incentive before giving up a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike."
- K- Zenios

boris

Banned
HSC
youll get into medsc at csu with those marks

dee777

HSC
humglish said:
Ok. I'm going to be realistic, but this is not necessarily a bad thing.

First of all, 90 is still achievable. I'm guessing that you now have approx. 50% of your assessments completely. Which means you have only done 25% of your entire HSC, which is nothing! And generally marks get scaled up once they are moderated. It's very rare for it to be the other way around.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Second of all, it's ranks that are important, not marks. So yes, you might be coming say, 5th in something. But you might only be about 5% behind someone else. Kill the next exam, then you'll be coming first. So no worries!<O:p</O:p

Now for the realistic bit... Based on your marks, I don't think you'll get say 95 or anything, but 90 is entirely achievable.<O:p</O:p

Lastly, if you don't make the marks, you can do a course with a lower uai (a bachelor of arts, or some science course with a low uai) then transfer. Or, you could go to tafe and use those qualifications to get you in. (I'm sure there are other ways of getting in, but these are the most obvious) There's no need to complete your HSC again. In fact, I wouldn't recommend it. Generally people get a lower mark the second time round, and this is the mark which has to be used.<O:p</O:p

So don't feel too bad. Nothing is certain yet, just try your hardest and everything will be ok in the end.<O:p</O:p

Thanks heaps :) at least some people can post mature and helpful comments around here!!
thanks for that...i dont think im as worried as i was a week ago, i have discussed other options with my careers advisor so tsall good now, im just going to try my hardest (which i dont feel i did for my half yearlies) and hope for the best

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
dee777 said:
Thanks heaps :) at least some people can post mature and helpful comments around here!!
thanks for that...i dont think im as worried as i was a week ago, i have discussed other options with my careers advisor so tsall good now, im just going to try my hardest (which i dont feel i did for my half yearlies) and hope for the best
good on ya, try and keep the positive attitude going, remember you still have the majority of the HSC left so plenty of time to get that dream UAI :). (that's what i'm telling my self too :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:

dee777

HSC
Rageeb said:
good on ya, try and keep the positive attitude going, remember you still have the majority of the HSC left so plenty of time to get that dream UAI :). (that's what i'm telling my self too :lol: )

btw we are not all ass holes like exphate, just lettin you know
haha thanks thats good to know!! :)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
dee777 said:
i dont think the uai for med sci is 90+.
also youre ranks are quite good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)