Imaginative Journey Brochure (1 Viewer)

izi

HSC
for my part B of my english assessment i have to do a brochure about my set text "Tempest" and my chosen text "Bright star" by John Keats and im not quite sure how to lay it out despite the information give which are:

- An analysis of howyour related text complements your set text (eg. similarities and differences) and your particular focus on the journey, You should consider using diagrams, tables or graphs as a mean of representing these links.
(What exactly do i have to compare/link? the techniques? the plot? or what?)

- An evaluation of how your relatext text has influenced your understanding of the Journey

-Both text and at least TWO graphics that support your purpose and the intended audience of the brochure.

I also need the graphics/images but i cant find concerning the concept of the imaginary in both texts. Do i have toget images from the text (eg. Prospero standng with his magic robe) or just any image that shows the concept of the imaginary journey?

thanx heaps :)

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
This is an interesting text indeed :) When i think of a brocure, i think of a holiday, or something trying to sell to me, in otherwords, you're trying to "sell" (and appeal to) me with the imaginative journey.
+Why dont you pick up a few and have a look how theyre laid out, and do something similar
+Consider your audience very carefully for this-i'd imagine this brocue would have to appeal to both adults and children of any context - ie. not too many bold colours, simple language
+In terms of images, the audience needs to considered too: lots of kiddie images have bright bold colours. I'd probably show both images for what you mentioned up there
+Lay out: If you're aiming at a general audeince, you might want to put each text/piece of information under a different heading, if you're looking at an intellectual audience, then integrate your infromation
+even though it says "evaluate" and "your understanding", stay clear from using firstperson

ti_amo_anthony

HSC
i had to do a brochure last term for imaginative journey cept i am in adv eng and i had to do mine on coleridge, i used the lime tree bower and frost at midnight and text 7 from the stim booklet and the lion the witch and the wardrobe by cs lewis, i based it out on like you are going to heaven and there are many different types of heaven i used 3 ~ the generic heaven, chocolate heaven, and a paradise tropical heaven, i got that from no. 7 in the stimulus booklet, then i had a character, which was god i got that from aslan the lion in the lion the witch and the wardrobe, i had all different things say they were god,a nd then i had a mirror (foil) as had underneath it that everyone has a bit of god in them and that god is everywhere, so the sun was god, and angels and you are god too, then i got my overall theme from the brochure from coleridge as religion, because his poems are very much religious.

thats how i did myn it could b different to the way you have to set it out, but i hope i have helped, coz this completely stumped me wen i was first handed with the task most of the grade was like wtf????

i got 10 outa 15 for it, which is gud coz not many ppl got over that

sweet_swat

HSC
hey im doin 'the tempest' n 'bright star' aswell n i was wanderin since uve already dun ur HSC...could u pls send me a copy ov ur essay on this module...imaginary journeys pls??? itll b of great help..my email ad is sweet_swat@hotmail.com
thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)