Immediate transfer at start of year; doable? (1 Viewer)

tech.knockout

HSC
Im enrolled in bachelor of advanced science. My first day at uni is two days away.

However, I now prefer to do Civil engineering instead as the mediocre job prospects of a life/biological science degree has finally got to me. I like civil eng and science equally(fully knowing that engineering is hard and maths intensive), the factor that got me to enrol in a science degree in the first place was the urgency to apply for graduate medicine.

Is there some way I can transfer to civil engineering now? Or do I have to wait until next year?(I.e. I waste 1 year on science).

On another note is there a way to dodge that stupid rule where you can only do 48 level 1 courses?
If it werent for that rule, I can do all 1st year engineering subjects as my electives, and then finish a civil engineering degree on top of my science with only 3 additional years. (I.e. 6 years of combined science/engineering degrees where I receive a science degree after 3 years, so I am eligable for graduate medicine after 3 years). The civil is backup if I dont get into med.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)