Impact of Trials on ATAR (1 Viewer)

snorelacks

HSC
So trials is almost over for me, and I think I did pretty bad compared to what I am capable of doing. My assumptions are that this will probably affect my ATAR pretty badly.

So what are your thoughts on your trials? Do you think they will affect your ATAR/stop you from achieving your goal?

tambam

HSC
So trials is almost over for me, and I think I did pretty bad compared to what I am capable of doing. My assumptions are that this will probably affect my ATAR pretty badly.

So what are your thoughts on your trials? Do you think they will affect your ATAR/stop you from achieving your goal?
It depends how much your trials are worth in terms of your internal mark? Like most of mine are 30-40%, but i've heard people say their trials are only 20% of their school assessment mark.
And also depends on whether you did really badly, or the exams were just harder than expected, so overall everyone did badly, in which case if your school performs well in the external exams, everyone's marks would get pushed up.
School ranking is more important than what your raw marks are.

But nevertheless, your atar is 50% made up of your external mark, so you can still redeem your atar by doing well in the hsc.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
FUCKED UP MY TRIALS HARD!!! Pretty sure all my rankings have dropped and that I won't get 96+.
I'm devastated.
But oh well. Guess I'll have to do better in the externals even though shit cunts will be ahead of me in subjects when they shouldn't be. (English (except for the guy who's coming first that won't be after trials, he's an alright guy)).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)