Important: need help with PIP.. anyone!! (1 Viewer)

rachiebub

HSC
hey i hav decided to do my PIP on models and all the different kinds there are and how they have been portrayed or changed throughout the ages... does anyone know where i could get some good background information or whatever? or any methodology ideas for me? im struggling enough without this blasted PIP!!!! so any help whatsoever would be GREAT...
also.. do you think that getting peoples views on what is attractive would be a good way of seeing if the models on the catwalk are actually the sexy ones?? PLEASE HELP!!! :burn:

Kulazzi

HSC
State Library will help you with your information.

As for your last question, it's kind of contradictory. Many models on the catwalk are not sexy, imo. Anyways! You can do observation - for example, maybe get participants into 2 focus group within a specific age group (eg. 15-25). Maybe 6 in each, one with males and the other with females. Interview them at separate times and record their reaction (i.e. posture, facial expression, body language) when you show them pictures (such as the one you used on here). State your findings and any comparisons between the two. Maybe later on, have a mixed-gender group and record reactions again. Do the (fe)males express a different reaction in the mixed group than to the one they had when in their own, singular gender focus group?

This is just a simple example you can carry out as a methodology.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Generally start with newspaper clippings because they are easy to understand and will give you an overview of your topic. Once you know exactly where you want to go for the topic (like how this specific type of model evolve in the 90's), then you can search the literature for your information. Seek www.scholar.google.com for any scholarly materials. I sometimes use it for scientific literature. I'm sure there are social science literature as well. The literature will give you in-depth and specific information on your topic.

michelleanne

HSC
I thought you would find this article interesting... you could possibly do a content analysis of newspaper articles, editorials, magazine articles that discuss issues re modelling. Its about more how social discourse is changing re modelling...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/fashion/model-manifesto/2006/12/23/1166290775984.html

If this link doesn't work you can get it from smh dec 23 06- Model Manifesto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)