Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
goldendawn said:
Diana is way, way off. Marcus seriously dislikes postmodernism. Postmodernism is a reactionary movement, and is purely deconstructive. It preaches that everyone is different, that no-one can truly understand anyone else, and that there is no universal truth. Marcus finds this a complete wank (excuse the language). Marcus believes that postmodernism defeats itself in the process of definition: by stating that no absolute exists, it is applying an absolute value. It is important to understand that there are things in this world which are both mutable, and absolute - but on a universal level, all life is unified by its beingness. For us to have terms to describe both the mutable and the absolute means that the potential for both exist - but then if you were to push further beyond that duality, you will find the unity of existence - you will find that though the universe is in a state of constant change, these changes are rythmical - like the alchemical process, and beyond that, you will find all life is always one.
Thank you for the explanation Marcus - Diana already believes this about postmodernism (postmodernism completely contradicts her religious beliefs). She always thought that Marcus agreed because he seems to be so...............*thinking of a word*

Last edited:

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Thank you for the explanation Marcus - Diana already believes this about postmodernism (her religious beliefs completely contradict postmodernism). She always thought that Marcus agreed because he seems to be so...............*thinking of a word*
Intellectually wanky? :p, lolz

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
kami said:
Does that mean you like to fondle your own intellect?
It means that I would propogate self-adulatory cogitations and bombastic reveries which propitiate my own intellect, and demand veneration from my peers. It would mean that I would be ascribing to a relatavistic philosophy of miasmic division.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
goldendawn said:
It means that I would propogate self-adulatory cogitations and bombastic reveries which propitiate my own intellect, and demand veneration from my peers. It wold mean that I would be ascribing to a relatavistic philosophy of miasmic division.
Evan thinks it is extremely pitiful that he comprehended all of that

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
kami said:
Evan thinks it is extremely pitiful that he comprehended all of that

Marcus, on the other hand, is slightly relieved to find someone else who knows lots of mostly useless words.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
goldendawn said:
Marcus, on the other hand, is slightly relieved to find someone else who knows lots of mostly useless words.
take out words and insert bullshit and you've got yourself an agreement
Edit: Evan didn't intend that to come out too catty...

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Katie thinks that Marcus' reflection statement probably pulled his mark down. The first two paragraphs were great but it got a little less structured and more convoluted as it went along (in her opinion)

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
super katie said:
Katie thinks that Marcus' reflection statement probably pulled his mark down. The first two paragraphs were great but it got a little less structured and more convoluted as it went along (in her opinion)
Marcus thinks that a few things could have improved his mark - but he is glad to just keep writing what he wants to write now.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan thinks Marcus should have done Comparative Literature instead of EE2 as that would have allowed him to explore language, myth and stuff.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
kami said:
Evan thinks Marcus should have done Comparative Literature instead of EE2 as that would have allowed him to explore language, myth and stuff.
Marcus would have loved Comparative Literature, but he didn't find out that it existed until half way through the HSC. He was very upset that he wasn't told. Marcus nonetheless, still wants to be a novelist - he would not have given up Extension 2, despite the mark.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
um you can only do it in year 12 its a 7 month course so it wouldn't have mattered
And Comp. Lit is a course in English that explores how various languages, cultures & traditions contain an influence on literature. It is a course reserved exclusively for accelerants- the others being philosophy and cosmology these course are basically at 6u level for lack of a better term and give advanced standing in uni courses

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan knows *sigh* Incredibly high scaling as well *sigh* Evan tried to apply for it but apparently you are not allowed to do Comp. Lit if you are going through TAFE. Oh well its all for the best, could you imagine competing with a whole cohort of people like Marcus? Ick, Evan would have been despondent and eating chocolates continually if he had to compete with people that intelligent

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan is going to sleep, so Good night all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)