IMPORTANT: Section III (1 Viewer)

pirate

nearing the last few days until the first english paper i have basically don't have to worry as much about section 1 and 2. well section one is very hard to study for anyway and considering i basically ace it all the time anyway, it's ok. i'm also quite well off when it comes to creative writing as i have a set critera that is applicable to all types of questions.

But my biggest worry is section three. In section three, what is actually needed. is it TWO or THREE Stimulus texts, and can they stipulate on or the other. i understand two very well and quotes and relations to journeys but a third one would be difficult. also the same with your own material. i understand 2 extremely well and they relate extremely well, or i can maniulate the information to sound in relation to journeys but do u need 2 or 3. also the set text. my is My Place by Sally Morgan. i don't understand much of that at all, any help.

i was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me. i mean do we have to relate every bit of material, ie the stimulus, own text and set text, all back to one another and then back to journey, which is possible but time frame isn't too healthy, or just back to journey. help anyone.

oh btw, i'm doing inner journey for advanced english

defiance26

Isnt it normally something like refer to your prescribed text, one from the stimulus booklet, and at least two supplementary

pirate

oh ok, so basically you have your presecribed text, in which case u have ur main ideas in relation to the nature of journey. do you then have to relate ur other texts back to ur prescribed text in relation to the nature of journeys.

so basically you don't have to relate ur other texts back to each other, because by relating each of them back the prescribed text, ur basically relating them to one another anyway?

malkin86

HSC
you pick ideas/themes, and follow them through in all of your texts, perscribed, chosen and BOS.

babydollabella

HSC
iv seen in a few papers the question asks for your prescribed text one stimulus text and at least one supplementary text

Gummy_bear

HSC
Sometimes the question asks for 'at least one' related material. in this case, it pretty much means TWO.

In case of this, it is best to know two related materials. Sometimes the question asks for more than one stimulas piece, but very rarely.

Then again, if your related piece takes up more than 2 pages, it may be so in depth that you only need one, even if they ask for 'atleast one'

BUT, if they aks for two, you need to do two, or you risk getting marked down for not answering the question, no matter how in depth your one related piece is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)